Labels

I identify as a Progressive christian (little c) but my christianity is a very fluid thing and changes from time to time.  Christianity can be quite a broad term taking in a wide range of differing beliefs, so it’s probably something that takes paragraphs to describe rather than a couple of terms, for me anyway.  I doubt I would be every Christian’s cup of tea.

Dee,

Progressive Christian. As Burl indicated it is a broad swath of Christian organizations. Our parent organization ProgressiveChristianity.org alone is comprised of a global network of progressive churches/ individuals listed on 194 pages on our parent site Here ----> https://progressivechristianity.org/global-network/ that can be sorted by state or country.

The latest wording of the 8 points that are general principles many use as a guide to the label of Progressive Christian on this site and the wording should be taken lightly and is found here ...

11 hours ago, The Life of dee said:

Hi, so I was wondering, do you call yourself a progressive Christian or just a christian?

I think at this point, I'd call myself just a Christian. (upper or lower case 'c' doesn't matter too much,... & sometimes I actually like the "just a" tacked on the front there. It sometimes helps in communicating when people get talking about things like denominations or right wing, left wing,... and things like that.)

Do I consider myself part of the group called "Progressive Christianity" yet? I don't know. 

I've been "turned on" to this group and this website and forum by a favored author and writer of mine, John Shelby Spong. . . I'm thinking that if he  is a part of this organization, and calls himself a "Progressive Christian", then so can I,.. because enough of our ideas overlap and I agree with him well often enough, I can't see why this wouldn't also pertain to myself. 

Thanks for reading

18 hours ago, Elen1107 said:

You asked somewhere about Larry Hurtado (can't find it).

I will check on books but google his name and you can find his blog (free of charge).

He is no longer active, having died last November, but the blog and its archives remain.

6 hours ago, thormas said:

You asked somewhere about Larry Hurtado (can't find it).

I will check on books but google his name and you can find his blog (free of charge).

He is no longer active, having died last November, but the blog and its archives remain.

I've googled him, Thank You