End Time Prophecy in Revelations

thormas

Pipiripi,

Many here have come to believe quite differently on subjects such as The Book of Revelations  and the Bible in general when it comes to fundamental church teachings. That's why this site is called Progressive Christianity.  Progressive as in new more liberal ideas. If you read

from the first post to the last  you will get a feel for what PC actually is from its members which is quite different than fundamental Christianity taught by many Christian churches. You may find this site doesn't fit into your liking or perhaps it will. Also read these 8 points below to see if they are acceptable to you  as the journey can be painful. Either way regardless of your personal beliefs you are welcome to participate on this site . We would be glad to have you.

Updated in 2020:

By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who…

1. Believe that following the path of the teacher Jesus can lead to healing and wholeness, a mystical connection to “God,” as well as an awareness and experience of not only the Sacred, but the Oneness and Unity of all life;

2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience “God,” the Sacredness, Oneness and Unity of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom, including Earth, in our spiritual journey;

3. Seek and create community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:

Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
Believers and agnostics,
Those of all races, cultures, and nationalities
Those of all sexual orientations and all gender identities,
Those of all classes and abilities,
Those historically marginalized,
All creatures and plant life;

4. Know that the way we behave towards one another and Earth is the fullest expression of what we believe, therefore we vow to walk as Jesus might have walked in this world with radical compassion, inclusion, and bravery to confront and positively change the injustices we experience as well as those we see others experiencing;

5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning with an open mind and open heart, than in absolutes or dogma;

6. Work toward peace and justice among all people and all life on Earth;

7. Protect and restore the integrity of our Earth and all of Creation;

8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love on this journey toward a personally authentic and meaningful faith.

1 hour ago, JosephM said:

Thomas,

It seems clear to me he is saying that it is because all that must be saved (have eternal life) is not complete at this time.  His plan is not yet fulfilled. 

That is Pipiripi's belief at this time supported by his Bible studies. 

I would encourage him to continue his reading and studies as the journey takes time and the organized church taught fundamentals are difficult to overcome.. I am moving this thread back to PC area new thread.  (End Time Prophecy in Revelations)

I know that or, better, I suspect that but the question is to give P a chance to verify and then, if there is mutual interest, discuss at greater length. 

Good lord, Joseph, you're now putting my name on a thread called End Time Prophecy? Really? Can't you come up with a better name or simply name yourself of P as the 'owner?'

10 hours ago, thormas said:

I know that or, better, I suspect that but the question is to give P a chance to verify and then, if there is mutual interest, discuss at greater length. 

Good lord, Joseph, you're now putting my name on a thread called End Time Prophecy? Really? Can't you come up with a better name or simply name yourself of P as the 'owner?'

Thomas ,

That is the title that  Pipiripi requested in the thread on the 2nd page for you to change it to. It is evident to all that the thread was split and based on his original post from the quotation you used. His original thread he posted was appropriate there so i left it there. Please try not to be so sensitive. We all know you didn't choose the thread title. Carry on if you will with the subject matter if desired but be careful in your discussion as he is new here.

47 minutes ago, JosephM said:

That is the title that  Pipiripi requested in the thread on the 2nd page for you to change it to. It is evident to all that the thread was split and based on his original post from the quotation you used. His original thread he posted was appropriate there so i left it there. Please try not to be so sensitive. We all know you didn't choose the thread title. Carry on if you will with the subject matter if desired but be careful in your discussion as he is new here.

Oh Joseph it has nothing to do with sensitivity. One mention and you change the name of the thread, fine - then do P the honor of having him - since it was his suggestion and it is important to him - as the one who's name is on the new-again thread. Simple suggestion. 

I had no interest in changing it (not even sure if I could since it was done by an admin) and I told him since it was all of a piece we could just continue under revelations. 

I simply think whatever the rules of the road that one should ask another before they use another's name. Not sensitivity simply courtesy.

Actually Joseph I am being careful (as careful as any on this thread) and more to the point, respectful. I hope others understand that same message.

Edited by thormas

17 hours ago, thormas said:

What I meant is we all know of people who have predicted the end and it never came. Simply they were wrong.

What do you mean by 'the account of people?'

Read Revelation 6:9-12. My brother maybe it can be me or you time to cut our head off. Today they are killing many Christians, this Christians are the true progressive people of God. 

18 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Jesus says that all the prophets and Kings and His people was waiting for the Messiah to come. They have died without seeing Him. When Jesus was here, they don't recognize Him. Today we are doing the same mistake. Read Matthew 24 again. Do all that Jesus has said their have fulfill? No! Many people don't understand what Jesus has says about what Daniel has written. I hope that you have understand me.

About the 1000 year, read 1thessalonians 5:1-5. 

Verse 4-5 must be written for us my friend. Better read it all.

7 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Read Revelation 6:9-12. My brother maybe it can be me or you time to cut our head off. Today they are killing many Christians, this Christians are the true progressive people of God. 

I did read it but Who, exactly, do you mean is killing Christians?

Edited by thormas

6 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

About the 1000 year, read 1thessalonians 5:1-5. 

Verse 4-5 must be written for us my friend. Better read it all.

Read it but 1000 years?

I agree with Paul's comment on what Revelations was about and I also think it is interesting to suggest that those times can also be upon people of future dates. Not as a reading of the future but rather the recognition that the human condition, the human experience is timeless under the same sun, no matter in what time we live and experience that sun.

The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night and sometimes too it comes on the brightest of days.

Edited by thormas

Pipiripi,

This is a Progressive Christianity site. You seem to me to be well read concerning the Bible and your definition of PC may not fit here. Please take the time to read the 8 points of PC below. Progressive Christians as a general rule do not believe the Bible is the infallible word of God nor that Christianity is the only path to God. You may not fit into the classification of Progressive Christianity here if you are not in general  agreement with these 8 points. You might be more fundamentally inclined which is okay but then you will need to start threads and not post in this part of the forum but rather in Debate and Dialog section where others will most likely disagree with your posts and wish to debate them. Let me know how you stand with the 8 points ASAP. Thanks for your attention to this.

JosephM ( as Admin)

Updated in 2020:

By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who…

1. Believe that following the path of the teacher Jesus can lead to healing and wholeness, a mystical connection to “God,” as well as an awareness and experience of not only the Sacred, but the Oneness and Unity of all life;

2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience “God,” the Sacredness, Oneness and Unity of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom, including Earth, in our spiritual journey;

3. Seek and create community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:

Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
Believers and agnostics,
Those of all races, cultures, and nationalities
Those of all sexual orientations and all gender identities,
Those of all classes and abilities,
Those historically marginalized,
All creatures and plant life;

4. Know that the way we behave towards one another and Earth is the fullest expression of what we believe, therefore we vow to walk as Jesus might have walked in this world with radical compassion, inclusion, and bravery to confront and positively change the injustices we experience as well as those we see others experiencing;

5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning with an open mind and open heart, than in absolutes or dogma;

6. Work toward peace and justice among all people and all life on Earth;

7. Protect and restore the integrity of our Earth and all of Creation;

8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love on this journey toward a personally authentic and meaningful faith.

Pipiripi,

It is clear from your beliefs at your site that you are at odds at the least with point 2 of the 8 points. You are not to post in this particular Progressive Christianity forum. You are welcome to post in all other forums as long as you are within its posted guidelines

JosephM (as Admin)