End Time Prophecy in Revelations

thormas

54 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

What I'm saying is that all images are imagining how the people look likes. 

The most of us has a picture of Jesus in our minds the way that we have seen it in a movie or painting, statue. And always in a vision or dreams you see Jesus like you have it in your mind. Literally Jesus should like the Israelites that you see today. He came from them.

Okay I thought you were talking about image of man (generally speaking) as opposed to the specific man, Jesus.

Agreed about Jesus and the 'Israelites.'

5 hours ago, thormas said:

I didn't start this thread and it is in response to Pipiripi so it seems he should be credited with 'starting' a thread. Also the PC in Revelations seems a bit narrow.

Ahh … But you started the interrogation, so you have my vote :) 

You also undermine your position by implying you want to change the title of the thread.   🙄

Some of us were content with having a discussion, respecting another's views while asking questions and giving a different take on PC and revelation on  a thread under Progressive Christianity.

I have no desire or need for an interrogation, I much preferred the limited discussion under PC.

Edited by thormas

4 minutes ago, thormas said:

the change, now 'all' can participate.

But the thread owner can actually change the title …  but in this case you may have to ask Joseph … actually as the owner you may have the authority and capability to change it regardless. This will depend on the set up of the forum. Normally thread owners can correct a typo etc  in thread titles.

But you still have my vote

Edited by romansh

Interesting what some focus on when time could be spend contributing to the thread under discussion. 

My attention and my comments remain on topic, other than informing Pipiripi about receiving credit for the thread.

8 hours ago, thormas said:

I didn't start this thread and it is in response to Pipiripi so it seems he should be credited with 'starting' a thread. Also the PC in Revelations seems a bit narrow.

You are correct Thomas ... You didn't start this thread but you opened a discussion in a PC thread that calls for no response or questions to the posts that turned into a prolonged discussion. If you want to give Pipiripi a point you can do so on any of his posts. He didn't start a thread. If you want a discussion only for PC's , start a new thread in the PC forum under a different topic,

JosephM (as Admin)

8 hours ago, thormas said:

Pipiripi,

I think this thread should indicate it was started by you - it certainly wasn't started by me.

My vote is in and it is Pipiripi!!!!

Thormas my brother, we are a family. We are the body and Jesus is the head. I need you, you need me. That is real progressive Christians. I have to go read the rules better again. My English is very bad. I tired to defend myself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JosephM said:

You are correct Thomas ... You didn't start this thread but you opened a discussion in a PC thread that calls for no response or questions to the posts that turned into a prolonged discussion. If you want to give Pipiripi a point you can do so on any of his posts. He didn't start a thread. If you want a discussion only for PC's , start a new thread in the PC forum under a different topic,

JosephM (as Admin)

Thormas make a new forum and call it End Times Prophecy. We must preached the Everlasting Gospel to the world today. I'm new here. Many things to learn here. 

Edited by Pipiripi

9 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

All the movies that you have seen is an author of other nation. The most people today see Jesus as the old movie Jesus picture. Do you see now why people are disguising about color of Jesus? It is about the film author. Do you see passion of Christ, playing by Mel Gibson? Do you see how they have change his face just like the first film of Jesus? My friends is time to know what will happen to this world today. 

I know there is not much time left. 

No one but the Father knows when the end times are, but are we not guaranteed 1000 years of peace before?  So we will definitely miss it.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Pipiripi said:

People that wrote the Bible was inspired by God. God tell them what they must write.

I understand that you might think that - I did once upon a time also.  But I have learnt and experienced too much to hold that belief any more.

6 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Thormas make a new forum and call it End Times Prophecy. We must preached the Everlasting Gospel to the world today. I'm new here. Many things to learn here. 

Since the overall topic on this thread is revelations we don't need a new one, just add to this. I might not agree but that is fine, we can still have a discussion.

Edited by thormas

7 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Thormas my brother, we are a family. We are the body and Jesus is the head. I need you, you need me. That is real progressive Christians. I have to go read the rules better again. My English is very bad. I tired to defend myself. 

You're doing fine Pipiripi and we can continue to have a supportive discussion about 'progressive Christians in revelations' in a 'debate' section.

Edited by thormas

30 minutes ago, thormas said:

You're doing fine Pipiripi and we can continue to have a supportive discussion about 'progressive Christians in revelations' in a 'debate' section.

Okay, you know how to make one, make it and we can continue, let me know.

16 hours ago, thormas said:

However, how many people throughout history have said the end is near..........and here we still are. 

We are still here because the account of people that must have eternal live is not completed. The Apostles also thinking that Jesus come in their time. It is that because that we was already in God's mind to come in existence, His plan must fulfill. 

7 hours ago, Burl said:

No one but the Father knows when the end times are, but are we not guaranteed 1000 years of peace before?  So we will definitely miss it.

Jesus says that all the prophets and Kings and His people was waiting for the Messiah to come. They have died without seeing Him. When Jesus was here, they don't recognize Him. Today we are doing the same mistake. Read Matthew 24 again. Do all that Jesus has said their have fulfill? No! Many people don't understand what Jesus has says about what Daniel has written. I hope that you have understand me.

13 hours ago, JosephM said:

Joseph,

I looked back and saw what you were intending in the PC thread where this discussion began. So apologies. I simply was responding to Pipiripi (and did not refer back to the history of that particular thread) and we got into what still appeared to be a supportive discussion among PCs. I don't believe there were any attacks and it remained and still remains a supportive discussion although a number of people on the thread have stated their view which is 'against' or in opposition to another's. Still it was not what you intended for that particular thread, thus the move - which is fine and in retrospect makes sense.

It never entered my mind that we were doing something untoward especially since Paul, another administrator, was part of that discussion and the working assumption was that he would have taken the action you did if he thought we were off target. 

I do seek a clarification: under the heading of PC we are told it is for 'sharing of progressive views and progressive ideas of interest to PC's . While one may respectfully state their view here for or against a progressive view or opinion, any challenges in the form of debate (as in defending and attacking anothers view) should be started in the debate and dialog section where all members regardless of their religion may participate."

So here is my question on clarification: one can be against or opposed to another PC's view/opinion and still be having a respectful discussion, correct? And even if it gets 'heated' and one presents their view and then provides some reason for it (defending or supporting their view in order to further explain or clarify) it is not (of necessity) an attack - and can still be respectful. It seems that has been going on in some past PC discussions. Why then bring something (generally speaking) to the Debate section and throw it wide open if it is specifically a PC issue, for example the Trinity? I can see such a discussion under either section but if it is under PC then all truly interested parties know, though we might be 'against' another's view - it is still supportive and respectful - and we might actually get somewhere and come to a better understanding and perhaps even some agreement. Whereas in the Debate section, if someone says there is no Trinity, that's fine but it is not (necessarily) the supportive or directed discussion one can have under the PC heading. We all know that some don't accept, for example, the Trinity (which is fine) but sometimes we don't need that discussion and much prefer a discussion among those who have a 'vested interest' in a topic and want to hear from others 'like' them (broadly speaking) in the hopes of furthering their understanding.

Edited by thormas

35 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

We are still here because the account of people that must have eternal live is not completed. The Apostles also thinking that Jesus come in their time. It is that because that we was already in God's mind to come in existence, His plan must fulfill. 

What I meant is we all know of people who have predicted the end and it never came. Simply they were wrong.

What do you mean by 'the account of people?'

Thomas,

It seems clear to me he is saying that it is because all that must be saved (have eternal life) is not complete at this time.  His plan is not yet fulfilled. 

That is Pipiripi's belief at this time supported by his Bible studies. 

I would encourage him to continue his reading and studies as the journey takes time and the organized church taught fundamentals are difficult to overcome.. I am moving this thread back to PC area new thread.  (End Time Prophecy in Revelations)

Edited by JosephM
added moved thread