A Course In Miracles

Guest jeep

I am exploring this material and it's relevance for our time.

What do you think of it's major premise:"Nothing real can be threatened, Nothing unreal exists, Herein lies the peace of God". This a direct quote from the tenth page of the preface. It's explication on that same page pretty well turns the Bible upside down, at least the Fundamental view of it.

I've read parts of the "Course", but keep getting sidetracked from keeping at it. (Anyone in Metro-Phoenix/Mesa interested in forming a study group, I'm game.) There are some very lovely passages, some of which I've included in my daily prayers. The general theme of the book, however, is not orthodox Christian, but does have striking similiarities to ancient Gnostic Christianity: that we are all really spiritual beings, the physical world is not real, the problem with EGO (read that Iago or Ialdabaoth), the unimportance of the crucifixion, etc. Because the writer/channeler was a psychologist, this may come from Jungian influences... or maybe the Gnostics were right all along???

Thanks for your quick appraisal. I had similar thoughts, but now that I am spending time to dig a little deeper I am finding the physical world quite existential and real. In fact, I tend to agreewith my scientific friends that nature is the very personality of this phenomenon we have labeled God.

We have a dozen groups or so active in Denver, but I have not become active in any of them as yet. I would like to employ this message board and the Foundation as a resource for awhile to see what my colleagues here have to say.

Jeep