Thich Nhat Hanh

I was reading through the "Christianity and Buddhism" thread in this section, and I noticed at least one person mention one of my favorite Buddhist authors, Thich Nhat Hanh, so I thought I'd start a thread just for discussing Hanh's works. Personally I'm working on collecting all his books, although I haven't read all the ones I've bought so far, kind of a "so many books, so little time" paradox.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I looked at "Living Buddha, Living Christ" at B&N on Wednesday and am really wanting to read it.

"Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers" and "Zen Keys", both by Hanh, I'm also interested in as well.

I also looked at a couple of books by Jack Kornfield that I would like to own: "After the Ecstacy - the Laundry" and "A Path with Heart".

Anybody read any of these? :)

I've read Living Buddha, Living Christ which I highly recommend. Going Home - Jesus and Buddha as Brothers is good, but more of a collection of comparable quotes than a "book". I started A Path With Heart.... I'd forgotten 'til I read your post.... it must have wandered back to the bookshelf - I'll have to pull it back out. I remember liking it... go figure!

I'm reading "Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight" by Alexandra Fuller - about a childhood (not privledged) growing up in Africa during the civil wars, etc in the 70s. Really interesting!

Thanks Cynthia. It will be a while before I read them. I'm just starting "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Yancey. Then it's on to "What's So Amazing About Grace?"

I'm also reading "God, a Guide for the Perplexed" by Keith Ward.

I really love Hanh's stuff. I'd also like to read some books about Buddhism from P. Chodron as well.