Love? What is it?

JosephM

35 minutes ago, JosephM said:

That goes without saying. Don't we all have that right ? Even you?

That was the point of my reply. 

It is your right to vote down a post without being  sure what the author meant. But when we enter into this voting thingy, we are simply trying to reinforce a particular behaviour (positively or negatively). Why do we want to modify other people's behaviour? Do they not have their right? This is why I avoid (as much as I can) that particular game. This is why I don't accuse people of trolling even when I suspect they are. 

I am simply advocating evidenced based reasoning. I hope no one here is against this.

Here is an opinion from my heart-throb on Sheldrake.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, romansh said:

Yes mine is an opinion, but it is based om observation, unlike your Cambridge man. Yes Sheldrake is given the right to be wrong.

Ok, that's settled, yours is an opinion also - as is mine. 

This is not clear. What cause would I have to give a this answer. But Spong does come to mind.

Let's try that again: do you know an Anglican who is a critic of the Progressive understanding of Christianity, a reasoned, well thought out critique? And Spong is a progressive so it would be someone, for example who is a critic of Spong, Borg or others.

Where on Earth did you get that?

The first sentence is obvious as to where it came from. As for the second, I'm just going off what you wrote, "I can no more throw out Sheldrake's position...." and "Here I think Sheldrake is very wrong." So, you pick and choose, as is your right, what you agree with or disagree with in Sheldrake.