Sign in to follow this  
Nick the Nevermet

Hello again

Hello.

I was around here years ago.

I'm poking my nose back in now.

Hope you're all well.

As for a little about me, I think the labels of progressive and Presbyterian both apply to me.  And yes, I believe that progressive Christianity is compatible with the tradition of the Reformed, Presbyterian, or "Calvinist".  Which makes me fun at parties :D

• Upvote 1

Welcome back Nick,

I think lots of labels may apply to all of us to varying degrees.. Whilst they can be used to help identify with certain lines of thoughts and beliefs and make things supposedly a bit easier to explain, the difficulty comes when we may not meet all that is specifically regarded by some as part of that label.  That can often lead to some fun at parties, I agree! :)

Cheers

Paul

On 7/9/2017 at 8:35 PM, Nick the Nevermet said:

As for a little about me, I think the labels of progressive and Presbyterian both apply to me.  And yes, I believe that progressive Christianity is compatible with the tradition of the Reformed, Presbyterian, or "Calvinist".  Which makes me fun at parties :D

You had me at progressive Christianity being compatible with Calvinist Reformed. If time permits, I would be interested to see how you understand both.

And welcome again.