Jeb711

Jesus made a way?

30 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Burl said:

The biblical imagery is God becoming closer or more distant.  God approaches as holiness increases and distances himself as it decreases.  Never a full stop of communication or complete lack of presence.

The imagery changes with Jesus and God exists within humanity.  A dramatic qualitative improvement.

I can see that .....  if spoken metaphorically .

Posted (edited)

My belief system is Christianity (although a rather different take that the traditional) so a pretty comprehensive integration. I am not a real student of Judaism, Islam or other 'belief systems' so I have no judgment to make concerning them. 

On the other point, the biblical imagery might show God becoming closer or more distant but I don't buy that God's presence is anything but constant. A man or woman's 'holiness' might determine how 'near' they are to God (so to speak) but I don't believe that God 'distances' himself based on the action of man.

Edited by thormas

BTW, what is this book that keeps increasing its presence when we post?

Perhaps you haven't read the news HERE . We are now financially self-sustaining and site sponsors have the option to advertise. Only 1 has taken advantage of that perk so far. It will rotate between advertisements automatically and show up after the 1st post of each page. . Perhaps you might be interested?

Joseph

I did see that but didn't realize it came with ads.