Having Answers?

romansh

On a similar note ... a few years ago I was doing some sanding and put up some polythene sheeting to minimize the dusting.

As I walked in through a second door I could see polythene sheet move because I slightly pressurized the room by walking in. (and by inference depressurizing behind me).

Now the sanding is done I don't "observe" the air movement. Do I believe it not happening ... not for 1 millisecond (more likely 50 ms on a brain timescale).

To me this was a clear demonstration of the 'unseen' interconnectivity we have with our environment.

I agree the environment or universe is communicating with us 24/7. We are the ones that erect barriers to the connections.

I don't think we do erect barriers to the connections. It is just the way the universe has unfolded makes it seem that we have.

Rom, the universe seemingly would weight heavily on someone if they bought into it and lived by it, although, then again, whatever they did wouldn't matter. There is no freedom, all is cause and effect and there are barriers (but, we didn't erect them) to block communication with ..... well, who knows what. And now, there are no rainbows! And if there are no rainbows, there goes a lovely Irish fairytale. Anyway, the really good news is that if there is no freedom, there is no culpability and anything is up for grabs - because, the universe did it. That's okay but there are downsides: we can't even tell people to keep the noise down. 'Keep the vibrations in the air down?' It might work, if they can hear me but even if they did, they'd just blame the universe. And then there is some kind of mesh we have to worry about. But there should be no real worries because there is an 'unseen' interconnectivity in the environment. Unseen? - well maybe I can hear it........oh no, air vibrations!

One could ask, why? Why is there anything, rather than nothing? One could ask what is 'this' all about? But, we can't get past the barriers, we can't communicate with .....well, who knows what. So, no answers but it has something to do with one. How many? One, just one. One what? Don't know but hopefully it won't take many of us to figure it out. How many will it take? Probably more than one.

But at least we're not in it alone, we're really not - just look at how many...............Ruh Roh. Weren't there many a minute ago and now there's just one? Where did that magician go?

Well, at least there is comfort in the choice I made in a partner to share.............ah, damn: cause and effect. and if that was not enough, the universe made me do it. Don't think I'll share that bit of news - it could ruin the evening.

Well there is always the comfort of home, just a short walk, and look, in the sky, I see a rain..b..o...w - ah, damn, I forgot for a minute.

What a mesh! :):)

This was just a bit of lighthearted fun. I have enjoyed the company of all on the site. It has been challenging, enlightening, frustrating......and rewarding.

Happy New Year and thanks.

Edited by thormas

Well, at least there is comfort in the choice I made in a partner to share.............ah, damn: cause and effect. and if that was not enough, the universe made me do it.

Thormas ... I could dissect your whole post line by line :) But I will pick on this one as it is close to my heart.

I have been with my partner for over forty years ... I am happy with the way it unfolded (not that I am not choosing to be happy, I presume you are not choosing either, you just are.) We have had our ups and downs ... couldn't have kids and loss of an adopted son, and that our son for over ten years of his life suffered from serious bouts of epilepsy would count as some of the major downs. But without those downs I would not be the individual who I am today. [and for the benefit of Burl, my illusory intrinsic self]. We would not be the couple we are today either.

Thinking damn it was not your illusory self that made the choice is at the heart issue. Evolution has imbued us with lots of emotions ... including guilt and pride. And I am sure they are quite "useful" in an evolutionary but pragmatic way. But as evolution is directionless and ultimately purposeless these emotions don't make sense in the light of day.

Again when I met my partner back in '72, she was not my type. In Dec of '74 she made a pass at me ... suddenly she was my type. I was aware of the raging hormones passing through my body (as emotions) ... bonding my eddy with hers. There was no choice about it. And I am happy, again no choice, that it is the case.

Can I suggest when you think or use the word choice, have in the back of your mind in what way is it a free choice? Is that choice somehow independent of your body chemistry?

Edited by romansh

Of course you could dissect it Rom because ...................it was humor! Although I could have 'chosen' a more serious response but the night did not call for it.

And you can make a suggestion - which suggests there is a choice on my part to take or leave it. If not for the possibility of that choice, it would be absurd to ask.

Edited by thormas

• 2 weeks later...

There was a comment by some new members that they were looking for religious truths?

If it were me I might have been looking for truths ??? Well OK to narrow it down a bit ... truths relevant to my existence.

But then just about everything is relevant to existence. Now as supposed individuals we might not see that way?

Why just religious truths?

Interesting.