Hello!

lukelucas

Hello friends,

I'm glad to have found this forum. My name's Lucas and I'm a big admirer of and adherent to (to the best of my ability) to progressive Christian values... I'm currently living in ireland, where there isn't much of a PC presence, so it's great to be able to connect through this online space... I practiced as a zen buddhist for some years and, while I still do zazen regularly, I've come to find great value in devotional practices as well as contemplative prayer... lately I often meditate on Kali, the Hindu goddess of liberation... for me the avatar is really just a focus to facilitate my devotion to union with God, so whatever symbol works is the one I'll use..

Anyhoooo.... I like so much of what I've read on here, and I really value PC's adherence to questioning, embracing mystery and truth... for me, that's what spiritual life and growth is all about... I look forward to sharing with folks on the boards

All the best,

Lucas

• Upvote 1

Lucas, It seems you have struck a great balance between Christianity and Buddhism, similar to Kali and Shiva dancing the dynamics of creation and destruction. Please share your perspective on things because the Kali Yuga has many angles to view things and they are all valid.

Hi there folks,

Thanks so much for the welcome! I've been looking around the message board a bit and I can see that there are some well-read and insightful folks here :) so I really look forward to participating. You won't be surprised to hear that I'm one of those folks who sees a 'common core' to the world's major religions, and that is a big part of what attracted me to the opennness and integrity of progressive christianity. Anyway, I'm very glad to meet you all - albeit from afar an in a virtual setting - and I look forward to sharing in your journeys...

Hugs,

Lucas