God & Other Planets

PaulS

Would anybody like to venture an opinion concerning what would appear to be a lack of life on other planets (at least in this galaxy) and just why any God might like it that way? I raise this in the context that many here believe in God as 'source' and often consider God to 'be' love, so I was just wondering what your thoughts may be concerning our possible/most likely isolation on this little blue dot.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

This could possibly be only one dimension of many. Some may me classified as non forms because they may not be visible through the 5 senses. We may live in a multiple universe or a Multiverse.

There is also the concept discussed in physics of Mutiple Time Dimensions , however, all of that study is beyond me.

Joseph

PS Also when it is said "God is Love", i don't think that word has the same meaning commonly conveyed such as "sexual passion or desire, a profoundly tender, or passionate affection for another person, "

Is there any sensible evidence that god has wants and desires?

Often we wander off into the territory where god is transcendent, ie beyond all categories of thought. So any answer we come with as to the reason for population density of our galaxy is by definition unverifiable or meaningless.

So it is left to those who god is made in our image to explain why there may or net be life on other planets. See my previous paragraph.

We go to the moon and say there is no life, but like Joseph said we are looking through our five senses from earth that are limited. We can't see other dimensions we can't even survive without a special suit there, but other life forms might be better adapted.

I also agree with romansh that we bring God down to our level instead of getting high.

an interesting view point

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/brainwaves/2013/12/02/why-life-does-not-really-exist/

Truthfully, that which we call life is impossible without and inseparable from what we regard as inanimate. If we could somehow see the underlying reality of our planet—to comprehend its structure on every scale

and what is life?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21428655.800-widen-the-goal-in-the-search-for-alien-life.html#.VLdXNk05DIU

So how would you define life?
To the extent that the question makes sense, as a "far-from-equilibrium dissipative system".

• 2 weeks later...

"Often we wander off into the territory where god is transcendent, ie beyond all categories of thought. So any answer we come with as to the reason for population density of our galaxy is by definition unverifiable or meaningless".

I agree it is unverifiable, but I wouldn't say it is meaningless. I think lots of advances have come from 'meaningless' speculation and chatter. Who knows when one may come upon a 'truth'?