The Good Godless Gay

lotharson

I agree with your sentiments. It seems there is an overabundance of Christians obsessed with homosexuality.

I think that there is always a certain percentage of the human / animal population that are born gay. They do not chose it, nor should they reject who they are.

This is the simple truth that these Christians fail to grasp because they are allowing themelves to be informed by an ancient text.

NORM

I pretty much agree with your thoughts, Lotharson, and indeed myself do what I can to help people see that homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality, and that for this reason alone homosexuals should be allowed the same rights as heteros, in every sense of the word.

One thing I would add though, is that it is not conservative Christians alone who are against homosexuality. There are many different religions and even non-religious people who perhaps in ignorance or perhaps because they have no better understanding, would see homosexuals treated as less than fully human.

Indeed it is sad but I think we are seeing a change across the globe towards acceptance of gays. The sooner the better I think.

Throughout history we have had Christian leaders and they have lead God’s sheep astray. They have made Christianity a political organization that needs to be taxed. It seems many of my fellow Christians just follow political dictates from church and do not know Jesus internally. They yell and scream against the poor, women, unemployed, working poor, gays and children when the Divinity within speaks to them about love. We don’t need to be called a Christian Nation, we just need to expose the counterfeit Christians who no longer act in the way of love and act counter to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed reading your rewrite of the parable. I think you've hit on something that is quite relevant for today, which makes the message more accessible. This has always been one of my favorite parables to begin with, because it carries with it this message that it's not what you believe specifically, or where you born, but how you treat others, your relationship to others, that brings you to the Kingdom of Heaven. You've put a modern twist on this, to really emphasize that these dogma-heavy religions shouldn't be the focus. I had a minister once who told me that he didn't much care for the religions that have sprouted up about Jesus, but that he loved the way Jesus lived. You've done a wonderful job demonstrating that.

• 3 weeks later...