How To Overcome Human Suffering

PaulS

romansh that tree you point to in your backyard is experienced in your mind, your universe hence the illusion of being separate returning to the one.

steve where does the one return to? I like romansh koan one returns to carrying water and chopping wood being in bliss or in duality dancing and working with bliss. One divided by one being one.

romansh that tree you point to in your backyard is experienced in your mind, your universe hence the illusion of being separate returning to the one.

steve where does the one return to? I like romansh koan one returns to carrying water and chopping wood being in bliss or in duality dancing and working with bliss. One divided by one being one.

The koan is not mine (ultimately nothing is), but I like it too.

I would disagree it is my universe. Just my perspective and even there the metaphor does not quite fit.

The experience of the tree is shaped by events in my life and like Indra's net is simply a reflection of the universe. Both the tree and my experience are a reflection of the universe.

I remember driving home from the hardware store listening to some music on the radio, and understanding the music was playing me as much as I was playing the radio. The car, road and scenery were playing me too. That was as far as I could see, but I am sure the players were not limited to what I could see.

Edited by romansh