Welcome

Guest admin

Guest admin

welcome to our super-deluxe, fully-loaded :rolleyes: TCPC message boards! you can format your posts, add smileys, send messages to other board members, track posts (have an email sent to you when someone posts in a forum or topic you are tracking), set up a profile with your photo, set up a signature, and more! stop by the tech thread for a beginner's FAQ.

let me know what you think... or post any problems you are having in the technical support forum.

UPDATE: if you register, don't forget to put some details about yourself in your profile so we know who you are!

Guest admin
What does this :ph34r: mean, though...?

it is the "open to interpretation" smiley. the rorschach smiley. the signifier freed of its signified.

[meaning: i haven't a clue.]

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that the improvements to this forum are obvious as is the hard work that went into it! Well done and thank you! Bravo.

A question and a suggestion.

* How do I center-justify a phrase (like a title, etc.) in the bulletin boards?

* It would be easier for us to provide a clickable weblink if we could simply type www.website.com and then hit the space bar right afterwards (i.e. after the "m" in .com) - as is the standard way to do it , rather than having to fool with the grey "http://" button that is provided above.

• 1 month later...
welcome to our super-deluxe, fully-loaded :rolleyes: TCPC message boards! you can format your posts, add smileys, send messages to other board members, track posts (have an email sent to you when someone posts in a forum or topic you are tracking), set up a profile with your photo, set up a signature, and more!

let me know what you think... or post any problems you are having in the technical support forum.

UPDATE: if you register, don't forget to put some details about yourself in your profile so we know who you are!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I joined the TCPC community recently and decided to register with the Message Board feature this week.

I come from a bad experience with the Search for Jesus Seminar, and the Bishop Spong Message Boards. I hope this time will be a better experience.

I gather that this service is not new, just reconstituted. A quick run through of it's operation proved quite impressive. Touring it was difficult. I would suggest you prepare a tour for dummies which could be accessed if needed.

Looking forward to participating!

Jeep

I come from a bad experience with the Search for Jesus Seminar, and the Bishop Spong Message Boards. I hope this time will be a better experience.

I gather that this service is not new, just reconstituted. A quick run through of it's operation proved quite impressive. Touring it was difficult. I would suggest you prepare a tour for dummies which could be accessed if needed.

welcome again, jeep:

what happened in the other forums that made it a bad experience? this will help me know what to look out for :unsure:

not sure how to set up a "tour" - though i did put an introduction for total beginners in the technical section. what was confusing about the process for you? maybe i cn put something on the introductory page or at the top of the page...

enjoy! and keep me posted on how it goes...

The bad experience with belief net was the amount of noise from the conservative right. I am not interested in arguing, and having my motives impugned. The prospero.com segments on Bishop Spong's message board were a pain. The busy signal was much too frequent. I still find his content brilliant and worth following. it's the prospero.com service which is unnerving.

I'll look for the intro material for beginners. I missed that somehow. The problem for me was the usual one of symbol definition and processing protocol. Some day this may be standardized by the industry which will help everybody. Look in on the tour for beginners Stanford University uses. It was great until I found out they don't support webtv technology. That was crucial for me.

jeep

Important Information

terms of service