What am I doing or thinking today

JosephM

Suffering TCPC withdrawal symptoms.... :/

Lots of hours getting back into the flow working again, been getting more hours than I'd hoped for just getting back into it, plus helping my daughter make full use of my laid-off son-in-law to get some repairs around both their place and mine here caught up before he finds another job or the company he's been working for gets a new contract...

Jenell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I am home from work for my 3rd day straight, crook with the flu.

At least between naps I get to practice my recently bought ukulele, catch up on posts here and on the Tony House Blog that I enjoy immensley, and play a little scrabble on my iPhone. Now, am I a nerd or what!

• 5 weeks later...

Tomorrow I wake up for the first time in my life (since I was 16) as unemployed. My role was made redundant yesterday, and I have spent the last 24hrs negotiating a fair redundancy payout. So with mixed feelings I leave a company that I used to be excited about, but with 6-months severance pay to tide me over until I find/choose another opportunity. Not a bad situation really, and here a 3-week school break commenced today, so I'm looking forward to some great family time!

Well, Paul, I wish you wonderful time playing and good hunting - for work.

After 3 years separation Diane and have been apartment hunting and questioning our decisions. etc. - and signed the lease. And planned a two week vacation which starts tomorrow. Although I have willed all this from a deep place in my heart it takes a lot of energy to listen to my ego all the time. So I have not had any left energy for engagement here. But we have planned short travel time each day and lots of down time so I appear more here.

Dutch

Sitting more still these days (finally bought my own zafu - meditation cushion) so feelings are definitely coming up and I have learned to just observe them. My 30 year old daughter leaves for Greece today - she has the life I hoped she would have in many ways and I am so happy -- but at the same time I am looking at my life and feeling that I have lived a life of deprivation in many ways....raised her by myself....put us both through Ivy league schools (don't ask me how I did this!) -- yet I feel that I never got a piece of the pie or didn't allow myself a piece -- in terms of career/love/travel.....On the other hand, I have spent a lot of time on my spiritual life.....and really know that it is all about what is within...peace and stillness....not reacting to thoughts....

Don't mind me -- 57 and constantly reflecting on my life -- need to stay HERE NOW!

Tomorrow I wake up for the first time in my life (since I was 16) as unemployed. My role was made redundant yesterday, and I have spent the last 24hrs negotiating a fair redundancy payout. So with mixed feelings I leave a company that I used to be excited about, but with 6-months severance pay to tide me over until I find/choose another opportunity. Not a bad situation really, and here a 3-week school break commenced today, so I'm looking forward to some great family time!

Paul, I know this must be a stressful time. I hope that things work out even for the better - this is often the case in these situations. It seems that you have a positive attitude which will help immensely.

George

Actually George, the worst of the stress had been the last few months working amongst uncertainty and indirection. This actually feels like a weight has been lifted. Fortunately I have a career (occupational safety & health) that is very much in demand here at the moment as there is just so much going on in mining and oil & gas. I'm very excited about what might be. And tomorrow my wife and I are taking our two boys on a one-week caravaning trip down to a little place on the south-west tip of Western Australia called Augusta for some relaxation, fishing, and simple fun. Thankyou for your thoughts.

Cheers

Paul

Two more days of vacation. My eyes has been overwhelmed by the amazing scenery. And my emotions by being with my wife everyday after 3 years of separation. Struggling to separate old patterns from best self

Our family grew up in Aurora. If my daughter were still living in Aurora instead of Montana - her western themed wedding went well - she would have been at that screening at that theater where the shootings took place. My wife worked in Aurora Public Schools and continues to check with fellow co-workers for any information about Aurora students who might have been there.

Certainly many more die in Syria each day but we have been in Aurroa and in that theater and will find we know names of some involved. Just closer to home.

Dutch

George,

Some random thoughts-

Well if there were a record of his mental problems and the Colorado Bureau of Investion's gun unit found it he would have been denied. (I work across the hall from them).

Those who say more of us should carry concealed weapons may have been proven wrong. A shoot out with an opponent in full body armor might last a long time. I wonder if 12 people had rushed him would fewer people be dead or wounded? Certainly some would have died.

Dutch

There is no doubt in my mind that this guy had mental problems whether officially registered or not. I don't think sane, sober people go into a theatre and begin shooting strangers including children.

Also, I would expect that a number of people firing weapons in a dark theatre would have resulted in more, not fewer deaths. The scene, from what I have heard, was one of chaos and that was with one shooter.

George

Today's kinda rough. I bought a new printer and am having difficulties not only "manhandling" it one-handed, but getting the darn thing set up. *sigh* It sure would be nice if I had some help! But the good news is, it looks like I might be getting ordained in October! Way ahead of schedule. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Today is day 2 of my umpteenth attempt to stop smoking. I am determined to succeed this time!

Wish me luck, pray for me, hold me in your thoughts, or whatever works for you because I'm going to need all the support I can get!