What am I doing or thinking today

JosephM

Mix of excitement and trepidation....the work-at-home job that served me well getting through most my recent college years as well as ther years caring for my ailing sister here, for its flexibility of scheduling, choosing my own work schedule in 30 minute time blocks avaialable 24/7, that fell out from under me several years ago due to a combination of problems of unreliablitiy of my dsl internet service here related to overloaded old local phone lines, and with some of that company's unreasonable and for me, unworkable policy changes, as well as some disorientation I suffered losing my sister, MAY be about to open back up for me. The local internest service problems have been resolved with laying new lines, and the company has contacted me, is 'courting' me with some attractive negotiations on the problems I had that led me to give it up. My health, lack of strength and energy, doesn't give me many options for employment opportunities. Until the problems arose tha led to my leaving it, it was perfect for me and my situation. Will require me make some modest investment in a few things, getting paid anti-virus software back onto my desktop work computer, having a dedicated land-line phone reinstalled, getting my dsl service upgraded back to high speed professional from my present basic cheaper level, some serious refresher/update time on training resources, but....Lord, if this works out, it answers some serious needs and prayers...I should have either made the decision to go for it and have it up an running within a week, or not.

I hope it turns out all for the best whatever happens, Jenell.

Cheers

Paul

Just a suggestion concerning virus protection concern. AVG free is an excellent anti virus software at no cost. Haven't had a virus in years using it..

Yeah, I've found free software works fine for me...however, for this work I'm hoping to get back into, they have their own requirements for how my computer has to be set up, including what anti-virus and ani-malware software, must be installed on it, The work involves handling security sensitive personal information on clients, including credit card and bank account access in processing payments. The system I would be logging into to work actually performs a remote scan of my computer as part of the process of logging in to work, to make sure my system is secure and operating properly as per their requirements, so there's no 'faking' it, telling them you have what they require if you really don't. Because do recognize the need for the security with the kinds of information I'd be handling, I accept that.

It can be amazing how much can happen, can change, in just 48 hrs.

In contrast to the rather lukewarm response I've gotten from that company I have worked for several times I've communicated with them the past couple years, the last time about 3 months ago, that was along the line of, yeah, you can come back, but because all your performance stats have expired, you'll have to start at the bottom and work your way back up again, of course..." the past 48 hours has begun to feel like I've just hopped onto a rocket ride! I went ahead and reactivated my contract when they offerred me one of my previous program lines I had lost, back to start...within an hour of e-signing the contract, they had given me two more of my previous lines back, AND a new one set to launch this weekend! This afternoon, ANOTHER new program just launching in on my dashboard! Now all my program line applications are LIVE, and I've been sent all the passwords to login on them, without my having even begin the 'refreshers' supposedly required before they go live for me...and post boxes PLEADING with me to jump onto the schedule asap!! But all now holds until I can get the dedicated land-line phone installed....I only have a cell phone for personal use, and can't work on a cell phone. Soon as that's in, I'm good to go! Meanwhile, wating for the phone, will be hitting the refreshers and updates since I last worked pretty heavy.

Ok, LiveOps, we danced pretty well together for almost 5 yrs, let's see how we do a few more rounds!

Thank you, Lord!

Jenell

Edited by JenellYB

I was having a quiet moment for prayer - and ended up in a marathon nap! Aaaah. Don't know how much good it did my for my spiritual life, but I feel great!

Sounds to me like the Spirit responded and answered the need you didn't even know to ask for! :)

Jenell

Well, I THINK I've got everything pretty much up and running to start working again by the end of the week, possibly as early as tomorrow evening, at least for a couple of short blocks to make sure my system is all functioning as it needs to be. Got the new dedicated phone line in service today, been updating my work computer, reinstalling and updating required software, still have to go through making some changes to settings on my computer they've made since I last worked. This is remote 'home agent' call center work, companies outsource their calls to us, instead of to India or somewhere foreign. literally hundreds of kinds of calls possible, so trying to review as many product info and scripts that could pop up on the computer screen when the phone rings, as I can, gotta be able to just grab it a go with it....sometimes, if its a new one, trying to establish conversation with the caller at the same time scanning the script like crazy trying to figure out what they are even calling about...exercise dvds, some celebrity endorsed wrinkle cream, a 'vacuum therapy device' for erectile dysfunction, or for tapes/books or to make a donation to one of those TBN tv 'ministries', lol! I think my being ADHD is actually a plus for that work! But I'm about to get pretty busy, I hope anyway, so will likely be slowing down here a good bit.

Jenell

Edited by JenellYB

Today my family and I will enjoy our town's annual 'Crabfest'. A day of carnival, daredevil motorbike jumps, waterskiing and the world wake board championships all held on our doorstep. But the best bit of all is the culinary delights available, particulalrly those involving our own little delicacy found in our waters - the blue swimmer crab (which as you can see below are red once cooked).

Professional_Pics_-_2010_Crab_Fest_034_rdax_540x360.jpg

And if that's not enough, tomorrow I am off up to Perth to watch some Polo - the type they play whilst riding horses.

A busy and fun weekend, all in all.

Crabfest sounds like it should be my personal favorite festival!

Me? Today I'm studying and getting my thoughts together for the first of many scholarly papers (??) for my MDiv. The only problem is, when I read, I mentally glom onto a detail and pursue it until I'm far off track. Then I have to pull up my mental reins and get back to the original topic. I'm learning a lot, but not really achieving a specific goal: i.e. finishing the book and completing the paper.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Palm Sunday Service was wonderful. Mark 14 passages alternating with silences, songs, readings, clips from Jesus Christ Superstar, images for the reading of the Triumphal Entry. Communion served at the appropriate point in the narrative. showed the powerful clip of Jesus and Judas from Superstar.

• Upvote 1

As part of my prepartion for (hopefully) being ordained, I'm reading Borg's & Crossan's book "The Last Week" In it, they use the phrase "transformative journey". I can't get the phrase and what it represents out of head. Mmm, could it be this journey toward ordination? [sardonic grin]

BTW - its a really great book to use as a Holy Week meditation starter. I'm reading the day's happenings on the actual day, that is, Palm Sunday through Easter- and I can't wait for tomorrow's concluding chapter!

Today involves helping my in-laws with a 'clean out' (too much stuff behind the shed being kept for 'someday'). Followed by some fishing from the bridge near where we live, with my sons and another family, whilst our wives go for a 'power-walk' (which should really be called a power-talk'). But they will expectantly return with a coffee which makes up for their absence. Then a BBQ lunch down the beach before returning home in the afternoon for an evening of pleasant friendship with the same family, who are staying the night. Not sure how I'll feel about going to work in the morning!

I should be working on house stuff - renovations, de-hoardering, all those great things...I should also be marking and prepping lessons. The sun is beautiful today, and all I want to do is go outside and play in the garden. (There might not be a lot of flowers yet, but somehow there are always weeds!)

On Easter Sunday I started to begin my meditation time with a new guided meditation (a script I found online and an audio I made myself). I cannot believe how GOOD I've felt all week! Not just physically, though that's part of it, but my spirirts are lifted and I feel so calm and at peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove up to Greeley yesterday to hear Bishop Spong. Was surprised to find that 6 other members of my church were also there. His thesis was that we need to take the title of Savior away from Jesus since there is no original sin to be saved from. I enjoyed the questions and responses more than the lecture. My wife asked to go with me. that was a pleasure. Visited my mom who lives nearby.

Dutch

I have been away from my wife and kids for the past 12 days, working on a remote mine site in the north of our state. I am a few hours away from jumping on a plane and returning home, for a full 7 days off work, to spend just with them (and maybe treat myself to some quality red wine as the wet mess up here only serves light beer!)