What am I doing or thinking today

JosephM

Definitely! It was into a nerve and had been pretty rough this past week while I took antibiotics to prepare..It had been filled some years ago, some serious deterioration had gone on deep inside under the filling, not evident since I'd not had xrays in some years, until it broke through on one side, and hit the nerve, bringing on the immediate crisis..he was a bit concerned it bould break up, collapse, when he tried to pull it, for being pretty badly hollowed out inside, but it came out okay.. couple more I'd hoped he'd take care of, just need to come out, not far from crisis, but dentist didn't like that much trauma at once...And I think his was the best judgement, because by the time he got this one out, i was starting to have a pretty bad adrenaline/ephedra-like reaction as my body processed the anesthetic...either my body had changed or the anesthetic has over the years, never experienced anything like that..very unpleasant, and even now, 13 hours later, still feeling it....awful feeling. Muscles tensing up, bouts of hard shivering as if very cold, tho don't feel real cold, and just quivering inside.....painful, and I know I'm going to have some soreness in my muscles for a few days. And a sore tongue, lol, where I bit the side of it pretty hard a few times after, before I wised upand shoved gauze between the side of my tongue and my teeth until the numb wore off! But I know it uphill from here! i am thankfulI I have a real sweetheart of a dentist, very gentle and kind as well as efficient. And very considerate and understanding working with me having to try to manage these kinds of things as I can on a very limited income and budget.

Edited by JenellYB

Lighting my wood-fired oven in anticipation of slow roasting a leg of lamb, to have with friends over tonight.

Does life get any better? - A lovely 30c degrees, sunny, swimming in the pool, family, friends and frivolity. I LOVE the weekend!

Edited by PaulS
  • Upvote 1

Just got word that one of my favorite cousins just died suddenly of a heart attack. That makes 6 family deaths in the last year and a half, inclulding my mom. I think that's enough for a very long while.

Some times it si just our time of life, our age, and that of those we are connected to. In my family, too, many recently, and several more can be expected pretty much anytime, probably soon. Those that really throw us, most of us I think, are those that seem 'out of turn', unexpected, for younger ages, aparant vibrant good health. But to does get old, doesn't it?

Mix of excitement and trepidation....the work-at-home job that served me well getting through most my recent college years as well as ther years caring for my ailing sister here, for its flexibility of scheduling, choosing my own work schedule in 30 minute time blocks avaialable 24/7, that fell out from under me several years ago due to a combination of problems of unreliablitiy of my dsl internet service here related to overloaded old local phone lines, and with some of that company's unreasonable and for me, unworkable policy changes, as well as some disorientation I suffered losing my sister, MAY be about to open back up for me. The local internest service problems have been resolved with laying new lines, and the company has contacted me, is 'courting' me with some attractive negotiations on the problems I had that led me to give it up. My health, lack of strength and energy, doesn't give me many options for employment opportunities. Until the problems arose tha led to my leaving it, it was perfect for me and my situation. Will require me make some modest investment in a few things, getting paid anti-virus software back onto my desktop work computer, having a dedicated land-line phone reinstalled, getting my dsl service upgraded back to high speed professional from my present basic cheaper level, some serious refresher/update time on training resources, but....Lord, if this works out, it answers some serious needs and prayers...I should have either made the decision to go for it and have it up an running within a week, or not.

Edited by JenellYB