Chronic Health/pain Issues.

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I last posted on the site, mainly because I have been really busy with doctor appointments and diagnostic tests at hospitals.

Since December 2010, I have been having severe chronic pain as a result of progressing major scoliosis causes degenerative changes in my back. Since then, I haven't been able to work or go to school, and my life has basically become a full time job of just trying to feel better and do whatever I can to get well or relieve some of my chronic pain.

I just saw my surgeon and had a weird test done called a myelogram, where they put this dye in your spinal canal and tilt you around while taking x-rays. It was sort of painful, but all the hospital aides and nurses were super nice. The only problem now is that I feel like a complete wreck as my regular pain is flared up from all the moving around, and I am having some normal side effects that cause weird pain.

Anyhow, my main reason for posting I guess, is just to vent to an extent--and to say that I still am here on the site. :P

Oh, and I just had some nasty flu bug too--and that didn't help one bit! Hope you're all feeling well and having a good year so far. :)

Greetings MisterK,

Missed you here. Mike again had to become the youngest participating member while you were away. :) Hoping the worst of your ordeal is out of the way and things settle down soon for you. Going through such periods is trying to the flesh to say the least. In all of this may the presence of the One bring you through with that which cannot be purchased with funds and may peace dwell richly in your heart.

Love in Christ,

Joseph

I am so sorry you are going through this...I know the kind of problems you have are of a very painful and debilitating sort....I really hurt for you, and to have such pain even now, at such a young age. Not only the moving around for the scan, but the actual dye compound itself moving through your tissues creates a signficant amout of additional discomfort and pain for many people. And anything like the flu or cold or infection, that too, is sure to add inflamation that just compounds it all. As something like this is so long term, it is unlike anything one might experience that is very painful, but then "over with." I know it is very hard to keep emotional and psychoolgical balance with something like this.

I've missed your participation, but have been noting your occasional posts here that let us know you are still with us. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenell

I'm very sorry that you're going through all of this, and hope that you find a way to recovery. I understand that this has gotten in the way of your life and expectations. You are more than justified in wanting to vent. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Please keep us updated.

Peace,

Mike

Archived