God's Will?

Yvonne

I think that those of us in this forum would suggest that when ###### happens, the message of Jesus is one human philosophy, among many, that seeks to ameliorate the consequences.

Yes, NORM, this mirrors what I’ve been trying to say.

If, Bill, what you say is true, then why don't you act on your belief in your relationship with Joseph? Instead of bullying him.

dutch

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That we have been trying to mediate the problem between Bill and Joseph for months is a sign of co-dependency.

You won't have to try to mediate any further, Guru, I'm done on this Buddhist Board. Enjoy your dance or whatever it is you call it.

To the Forum of Progressive Christianity:

Please bear with me for one final post.

I can't make up with Joseph because, imo, we see things too differently on some issues that are very important to me, and it is doubtful that either one of us is going to change our minds. So, unfortunately, we can't have a meeting of the minds when our minds are so different on what is to me, some core issues.

I can, however, apologize for my attitudes and posts over the last couple of days. In retrospect, I should have either taken my contentions to PM or kept them to myself. To be fair to Joseph, yes, he has listened to some of my functional suggestions for this forum, suggestions that I made, not to gain any sort of reputation, but just because I thought they would enhance the community. And he has been gracious in that, where we disagree, he has allowed me, as any good moderator would do, to state my side of the debate without public derision. That was probably the best that could be hoped for. The problem with debates, especially when there is significant polarization, is that they can easily descend into character attacks instead of focusing on the issues, and I regret that my posts drifted in that direction. So, Joseph, I'm sorry and hope that you continue to do what you do and think best. And I'm sorry to the rest of the forum for letting my passion on issues get my temper out of control, something that is, yes, entirely inappropriate here. Though I try to follow Christ, I, obviously, crawl on the ground far behind him.

As for me, I faced these similar issues here before and left because of disagreement over them. I hoped when I returned that I could avoid the topics. But how to avoid talking about God and what we should do as human beings on a religious forum? Obviously, I am not going to change my mind on what *I* think about these things because my beliefs on these things go to the core of who I am and how I envision reality. And, obviously, I am unable to keep quiet about my views also. Therefore, yes, it is best for both the forum and for myself that I leave. All I can do in departing is to ask for forgiveness from all of you and hope that as this thread fades into history, I will be remembered for, perhaps, some of my better thoughts and contributions in other parts of this community.

Truly best wishes to all,

Bill

Bill,

You leave on a positive note from me, albeit I am somewhat disapointed. I have enjoyed your contributions, and your posts have often given me much to think about. I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave because you and Joseph can't agree, the rest of us will be poorer for your choice. What you think about these things because your beliefs go to the core of who you are and how you envision reality, is exactly what interestes me about you and others on this forum. To me there's seems to be such a diversity of matters to discuss on this forum that I would hope that you would still find a place to contribute and participate, without feeling that because you and Joseph don't agree, that all is in vain.

I guess I'm in the 'fortunate' position of not having any 'fixed' beliefs which I need to defend or stand up for because of them being the very core of my being. It does make it easier to comtemplate and consider other people's views, and either take them on board or disregard their views, or just let them sit there silently. Should you strongly disagree with another, and both parties put forth their views, I am the richer for it as I get to read two interpretations (or often more) of a particular position.

But of course your participation here is not soley for my benefit, so I wish you well in doing what you feel you need to do.

Take care and be well.

Cheers

Paul

Gosh, Bill, I sure wish you didn't leave. I mean, just when it's getting interesting? What a buzz kill!

Besides, I think I know what the "moderator" problem is about.

But, since you are leaving....... B)

NORM

Archived