New Years Plans

markn902

Hi everyone was wondering what everyones new years plans were. Mine are pretty unspectacular i'm probably going to stay up watching the twilight zone marathon that is on the sci fi channel the old black and white ones. Its become a sort of tradition as thats really the only time of the year I watch them. So anyone else? I know there are some plans more exciting than mine!

I will spend the night at my parents. They need someone to watch them at all times. It is kind of a spiritual retreat, service and reflection all in one. It is remarkable to watch the evolution and change in consciousness that death brings to the forefront. Usually form is in the foreground and the Spirit is in the background then something happens and the background becomes the foreground. Happy New Year everyone!

I will spend the night at my parents. They need someone to watch them at all times. It is kind of a spiritual retreat, service and reflection all in one. It is remarkable to watch the evolution and change in consciousness that death brings to the forefront. Usually form is in the foreground and the Spirit is in the background then something happens and the background becomes the foreground. Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year Soma,

Be well.

Myron

My ex is coming over. We'll have chowder with codfish and splurge on a video rental from Amazon. It will our first night together since our separation. With boundaries clearly drawn.

Dutch

You and Soma are in difficult situations of your choice.

Same here.

Happy New Year!

Myron

We have a NYE party at our place each year, and as we live near the beach a couple of families of friends come and stay for a few nights. So this time of year is a lot of fun and usually by early morning we have solved all of the world's problems! Of course, the next night after a few beers they are back on ther agenda again!

Anyway, tonight we should have 25 or so adults and about 30 kids under 10 here! There is a fireworks display, put on by the City, at 9pm and again at midnight and we are lucky enough to be able to view them from the front yard, so it's just a case of shuffling everyone around from the back yard to the front.

It will be a great night which I will no doubt regret in the morning!

Yvonne, I think that's an excellent idea! To do a sort of "year in review", but not in context of just events in the news as we often see on this day, but landmark events in the course of your own journey over the past year. I think that's a wonderful way of helping to prepare yourself for entering the new year.

Soma, and Dutch, I see great signficance for your journey for how you will be spending this time. Ushering in the New Year isn't only about bringing in the new, moving toward the future, but in bringing the old to a postive end, closure to the past, letting go of what is passing away. I pray for you both, that this time is one of moving toward those endings in a healing way.

I'm not yet sure of what I'll do...I've been invited to a party at the house of the same daughter and son-in-law I spent Christmass Eve at, but that is primarily hosted for my daughter's "bi-polar meet-up group." So i won't know anyone other than my daughter and son. I'm also not fully comfortable with the idea of such a group, or positive about my duaghter's participation within in, because I am concerned it facilitates, even encourages, her (and others in it) toward staying focused on the problems of being bi-polar, more importantly, embracing bi-polar as something to be "identified with", embraced as part of one's identity, rather than on over coming the obstacles toward living as normal a life as possible despite being bi-polar. So for my discomfort with the basic idea of that group to begin with, that might not be a good place for me to be.

I may just find it best to join Yvonne for this evening.

Jenell

We have beautiful weather in Manitoba, Canada today. It's only supposed to go down to -7 Celsius (19.4 fahrenheit) so we're so lucky!

Usually at this time of year it's around -30 C (-22 F), so that means lots of outdoor activities! Tonight my daughter and I are joining the masses and going skating at an outdoor arena, and then having hot chocolate at a neighbour's house.

We're also recording a hockey game so we can all watch the NHL game if we don't get home in time. :)

How Canadian, eh?

T-t-t-ake off-f-f-f-f, eh? :) Sorry, I was raised on Bob and Doug MacKenzie!

W-w-w-way to c-c-c-cold for m-m-m-me! I shoveled snow in upstate NY for 23 years then moved to Texas!

Happy New Year to all!

Never could get into the 'traditional' salt hog jowls and black-eyes peas for NY, but am pairing a bowl of 15 bean soup made with trimmings and bone from the Christmass ham, previously stored in the freezer from a larger batch i made the day after Christmass, and a couple lean, tender boneless pork loin chops lightly fried, then smothered with cabbage and onion sauteed in the drippings till just translucent....uncorking a nice bottle of wine to acompany.....the weather has turned warmer, making the house a bit muggy, so I've moved out onto the porch to enjoy this break from the rainy chilly stuff we've have lately....its very pleasant out here, a nice place to contemplate the year gone by, anticipate the year to come...

Jenell

It was awesome, Soma. 30 little rugrats running around in packs, playing on the lawn, climbing the cubby house, swimming in the pool. Nightime with lanterns alight makes it all the more mysterious and fun for them. I like to think they'll have memories of these happy times for years to come.

Yes, your post brought back memories for me. You did a great service welcoming in the New Year and a New Generation of spiritual awareness. You provided the environment for spirits to explode with excitement. Salutations to the Divinity within you.

Archived