View New Content - Settings

Hello,

I have been going to the View New Content page each day to find if there are new postings listed. However, it seems that sometimes the list has a rather severe cut-off time, usually within a day and sometimes within hours. If there are more than one new posting, I might read and come back later in the day, only to find the other new unread postings are no longer listed.

Is there a way to change my profile settings so that the cut-off is 2-3 days? That way I can be sure I am seeing all of the new postings.

Okay Robert,

Try this. Go to your profile and then edit profile, then settings tab and select

General Settings. Under Search Settings and View new Content Method select "Show me all content I have not read" instead of "show me content since last visit." let me know if that does it for you.

Joseph

Yes, I tried this yesterday, and tried it again just now. The result is actually worse. What it does is drops everything I have clicked on, even within the past 5 minutes. This makes sense from a computer standpoint, but I like to survey new material and then go back later and make comments. If there are, say, 5 new postings, I like to think about them and comment throughout the day. If the links are not there, I have to either remember the postings or make a paper note about them.

Thanks for your efforts...

Robert

Robert,

Yes that's the only 2 options i am aware of. Perhaps you could print the new content list on a printer before you read them so you can then read and find your way back later. Unfortunately that function of the system was not designed the way you wish to use it.

Joseph

Now that the new update version is installed , One can now go to "view new content" and set the options on the left to view new content for the past 24 hours up to the past year which should satisfy just about everyone.

Joseph

Archived