New Board Revision 3.1.4 Installed

JosephM

To All,

The new updated board revision from our old one features a mobile device friendly format by selecting IPB Board Mobile instead of IP Board on bottom left of screen for all those wishing to use their smart phone to access the forums here.

It also includes a revamped and improved search engine.

It also includes new content sharing tools like facebook, twitter, etc. found at the topic level.

There is also a new topic preview, Just Click the new topic preview icon in the topic listing or search results views, and see the first and latest posts without leaving the page.

A number of other small improvements and bug fixes.

There were also many other features added available for moderators and board administration use.

Joseph

To All,

The new updated board revision from our old one features a mobile device friendly format by selecting IPB Board Mobile instead of IP Board on bottom left of screen for all those wishing to use their smart phone to access the forums here.

Joseph

Joseph,

On my phone screen, at the bottom there is a statement "Get the free IP.Board App for the iPhone now!"

What is that about? Is this needed for some reason? useful?

Thanks,

George

Joseph,

On my phone screen, at the bottom there is a statement "Get the free IP.Board App for the iPhone now!"

What is that about? Is this needed for some reason? useful?

Thanks,

George

George that doesn't show up on my Droid x but it probably does on your iPhone because their is a unique application available for the iPhone for it. Some people prefer using an application rather than their browser for forums. Your choice. The format may just be a little different or more user friendly with the application. I don't have an iPhone to check it out.

Joseph

On second thought George, i have an apple ipod touch 32G and it is similar to the iPhone and when i browse our site . i see the same message. I am downloading the app as i type from the Apple store and will check it out.

Joseph

I loaded the application on my ipod using wifi and when i run it, it looks the same as when i run it on the droid x browser in IPB mobile mode. The only apparent difference is the initial menu and notification sounds and such and it can be used for any or multiple IPB based board forums directly from the application once you set up the name, URL and user names and passwords.

Joseph

I loaded the application on my ipod using wifi and when i run it, it looks the same as when i run it on the droid x browser in IPB mobile mode. The only apparent difference is the initial menu and notification sounds and such and it can be used for any or multiple IPB based board forums directly from the application once you set up the name, URL and user names and passwords.

Joseph

Joseph, Thanks for your efforts. I think, at this point, I will follow the maxim: 'Leave well enough alone.'

George

I hope all that stuff makes sense to somebody because I didn't understand much. I have heard "I-phone", Droid, app, but I am mostly clueless about all that stuff. I have heard some of those phones cost 400$, people stand in line for days to get them, and you spend 60$ or so a month for two years for such stuff.

I am perfectly happy with my 38$ contractless Metro PCS phone which costs me 40$ a month for all kinds of features which I am constantly learning about. Golly gee whiz I learned how to send an e-mail from my phone the other day.So far no other females have made any comments!!

Kay

Archived