Why I Believed By Kenneth Daniels

Vridar

Kenneth Daniels, an African missionary translator of the Bible, has a book out about his trials as a Christian. I have read many books relating to religion, Biblical history, Biblical interpretation and the Bible. Mr. Daniel's book is an interesting read in that he almost diary-style records his doubts and his final rejection of Christianity. Mr. Daniels book is important in its soft-key approach to how he left Christianity. Most books I've read have persons leaving the faith coming out with a vengeance, e.g. Dan Barker, and they are bitter. Mr. Daniels is anything but bitter. If one has questions about their faith, this may be good to put on the nightstand. Like previously mentioned, there are many books about deconversion and this one has few revelations, but for a person seeking, this may be an interesting read to add fuel to their fire without causing a bon-fire.

Kenneth Daniels...

Thanks for this recommendation, Vridar. Sounds good. I, too, want to become better, not bitter. Also, for those techies amongst us, Amazon has the Kindle version for 99 cents - you can't beat that.

Thanks for this recommendation, Vridar. Sounds good. I, too, want to become better, not bitter. Also, for those techies amongst us, Amazon has the Kindle version for 99 cents - you can't beat that.

The Kindle version saves $9.00 off the print price. Applying that brings the Kindle price below $130.00. The difference between Kindle and print book price has paid for my Kindle V1. Working on the savings now to pay for wife's Kindle V3. She mostly borrowed books, so it will take a while to amortize hers. ~smile~

I now wish I had a kindle! I'll have to check it out . . .

Jillian, in case you don't know...you can download a Kindle app for PC, Apple, Ipod, etc. for free! Then you can buy the book for 99 cents and read it on your Kindle-enabled device.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sa_menu_karl4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

(No, I don't work for Amazon. But I am rather prone to spending more there than I should. :lol: )

Thank you for the information. I bought a Kindle3 two or three weeks ago and am getting used to it. I prefer a regular book, when it is mine, because I can write comments in it, underline and dogear without ruining someone else's property. I will purchase that book if it is only 99 cents.

Hal

Thank you for the information. I bought a Kindle3 two or three weeks ago and am getting used to it. I prefer a regular book, when it is mine, because I can write comments in it, underline and dogear without ruining someone else's property. I will purchase that book if it is only 99 cents.

Hal

Hal,

Books are the ultimate, but, the Kindle has a note and bookmark feature I think is better than those used in books. One can even download the notes and bookmarks to a computer then the Heavens are opened to what can be done with the notes and bookmarks. The physical book, Why I Believed is over $9, the Kindle version is $0.99.

Ron

Hal,

Books are the ultimate, but, the Kindle has a note and bookmark feature I think is better than those used in books. One can even download the notes and bookmarks to a computer then the Heavens are opened to what can be done with the notes and bookmarks. The physical book, Why I Believed is over $9, the Kindle version is $0.99.

Ron

I got the book yesterday. Getting it is fantastic. I order the book and two or three minutes later it is in my Kindle. I often give away good books to family members that I have highlighted and commented in - that way if the reader is interested, the highlight is not out of context. I will have to get more familiar with the Kindle. I could copy highlights to my computer, then put them in my blog site. Keeping up with the newer electronic miracles keeps an old man busy (and sometimes confused!). I just ordered another book from Amazon: "Wonders In The Sky" by Jacques Vallee. I do not often get into the Science Fiction genre, but this looked interesting enough - it will probably take me out into left field, but I don't have to believe everything I read. I think there is a lot more about this world that we don't know than we are willing to admit - at my age I am not far from the other side, so I get more curious every day.

Best wishes, Hal

I got the book yesterday. Getting it is fantastic. I order the book and two or three minutes later it is in my Kindle. I often give away good books to family members that I have highlighted and commented in - that way if the reader is interested, the highlight is not out of context. I will have to get more familiar with the Kindle. I could copy highlights to my computer, then put them in my blog site. Keeping up with the newer electronic miracles keeps an old man busy (and sometimes confused!). I just ordered another book from Amazon: "Wonders In The Sky" by Jacques Vallee. I do not often get into the Science Fiction genre, but this looked interesting enough - it will probably take me out into left field, but I don't have to believe everything I read. I think there is a lot more about this world that we don't know than we are willing to admit - at my age I am not far from the other side, so I get more curious every day.

Best wishes, Hal

Hal,

I'm going to head us even more off topic. I hope I don't get reprimanded. I'm still learning the latitude enjoyed by this site.

Post your blog address. I am always interested in people's thoughts.

Like you I enjoy trying to stay technologically with it and am losing the battle. I've pledged to not order a Kindle book the month of March. I find I'm spending upwards of $2-300 monthly. I have all the free classics Amazon offers in my digital library, such as Moby Dick, Iliad, Homer, Alice in Wonderland and such. I have pledged to finish these classics prior to ordering another book. If I can stick to my pledge I will learn a lot and save a lot.~smile~ Wish me luck.

Respectfully,

Ron

Hal,

I'm going to head us even more off topic. I hope I don't get reprimanded. I'm still learning the latitude enjoyed by this site.

Post your blog address. I am always interested in people's thoughts.

Like you I enjoy trying to stay technologically with it and am losing the battle. I've pledged to not order a Kindle book the month of March. I find I'm spending upwards of $2-300 monthly. I have all the free classics Amazon offers in my digital library, such as Moby Dick, Iliad, Homer, Alice in Wonderland and such. I have pledged to finish these classics prior to ordering another book. If I can stick to my pledge I will learn a lot and save a lot.~smile~ Wish me luck.

Respectfully,

Ron

I don't know if this forum will let me post a personal blog site. I will have to state that I am not trying to sell anything, I guess. I started the blog site for the benefit of the members of my family who are still not "Progressive" citizens. They love the "Old Silverback" and his mate in spite of the fact he is a democrat and very liberal. This way they can, as they wish, go to the blog site and no one will know any different. Most of the recent posts are political in nature and I am trying to give them enough of Bishop Spong to get them to lean a little our way. I have not posted anything for a month, but, when I get my taxes taken care of I will go back to taking care of the blog site. Our main hobby is photography - that is the reason that each blog entry starts with one of my pictures.

Here it is FWIW: http://halonjustice.blogspot.com/

Hal

Hal, I'm not a mod here, but this forum has indeed suggested that its members share resources that have helped them along the journey and that might help others. A good place to post those resources is under the Resources category and under Link Suggestions.

Archived