The God I Left Behind

Brian Holley

Perhaps I should have posted here first. I put a chapter of my book, The God I Left Behind, at

http://tcpc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1996-the-god-i-left-behind/page__pid__23420__st__0entry23420

The book is about my evolution from fundamentalist Christianity to whatever it is people may wish to lable me now. In it, I've suggested, what I think may be, some new ideas and tried to make it reasonably accessible and practical.

A potential publisher suggested I get more feedback before final submission. It's been in progress for six years now and this is the third (and I hope final) incarnation (or should that be inliteration?). If you'd like to read it and comment, then I shall be most grateful. Don't worry, you can't offend me. I've be writing for many years now and have got quite thick skinned about criticism.

If you'd like the whole thing (it's not massive - about 56k words) then please email me at bcholley@btinternet.com

Brian

Perhaps I should have posted here first. I put a chapter of my book, The God I Left Behind, at

http://tcpc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1996-the-god-i-left-behind/page__pid__23420__st__0entry23420

The book is about my evolution from fundamentalist Christianity to whatever it is people may wish to lable me now. In it, I've suggested, what I think may be, some new ideas and tried to make it reasonably accessible and practical.

A potential publisher suggested I get more feedback before final submission. It's been in progress for six years now and this is the third (and I hope final) incarnation (or should that be inliteration?). If you'd like to read it and comment, then I shall be most grateful. Don't worry, you can't offend me. I've be writing for many years now and have got quite thick skinned about criticism.

If you'd like the whole thing (it's not massive - about 56k words) then please email me at bcholley@btinternet.com

Brian

I am going to be away for a few days - taking advantage of a photo opportunity on the Oregon coast. When I get back I will probably ask you to send me the mss. If you are planning on writing this book to sell on the open market, your publisher and his/her editorial staff can probably give you much better advice than us casual readers. What with E-books and internet booksellers, the book market is in a state of confusion right now - Borders in the U.S. filed for bankruptcy yesterday.

Good luck!

Hal

I am going to be away for a few days - taking advantage of a photo opportunity on the Oregon coast. When I get back I will probably ask you to send me the mss. If you are planning on writing this book to sell on the open market, your publisher and his/her editorial staff can probably give you much better advice than us casual readers. What with E-books and internet booksellers, the book market is in a state of confusion right now - Borders in the U.S. filed for bankruptcy yesterday.

Good luck!

Hal

Thanks Hal. Hope you have a good trip. I've been working with a publisher in Canada on this and it's at his suggestiong that I'm seeking feedback.

Brian

Archived