My Best Thought So Far Today

Brian Holley

Good thought, Brian.

I watched "Miss Potter" on DVD, today, and that was one of the best movies I have seen in along time. It's the story of Beatrix Potter and how her books came to be. Charming, beautiful movie with a lot of depth.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rumi quote reminded me of a similar thought from an anonymous Hindu – “The best way to prepare yourself to encounter spirit, is to be willing to redefine yourself every day.”

A favorite quote from John Spong (I subscribed to his newsletter years ago and am not going to participate in the discussion group this time, but in some ways his writing speaks to me more than any other theologian) --

“To be in Christ is not to be religious, but to come alive. We reveal the glory of God when we are free to be the self we were created to be, as Jesus was. Only in this way do we imitate him.”

Along those lines...I need to find an art project to replace the quasi-religious collages I’ve shown for years -- and try not to post things I’ve said a dozen times before :-)

anyone else have plans / resolutions for the new year?

The Rumi quote reminded me of a similar thought from an anonymous Hindu – “The best way to prepare yourself to encounter spirit, is to be willing to redefine yourself every day.”

A favorite quote from John Spong (I subscribed to his newsletter years ago and am not going to participate in the discussion group this time, but in some ways his writing speaks to me more than any other theologian) --

“To be in Christ is not to be religious, but to come alive. We reveal the glory of God when we are free to be the self we were created to be, as Jesus was. Only in this way do we imitate him.”

Along those lines...I need to find an art project to replace the quasi-religious collages I’ve shown for years -- and try not to post things I’ve said a dozen times before :-)

Hi Rivanna, re your art project....

I have just taken up silk painting. It is quite exciting as you never really know how your painting will turn out.

So far I am just painting scarves, but am hoping to progress to cushion covers and head squares next week at my art group.

• 1 month later...

Not mine but to the extent that I on a reclamation project and this is not taken literally I like it.

(Peter Abelard) developed a moving rationale for the mystery of the atonement. Christ had been crucified to awaken compassion in us and by doing so became our Savior. -- HOG Armstrong

Take Care

Durch

Archived