Posting By Moderators

My experience on numerous forums is that moderators rarely post. There are many reasons for this including dual relationships and the fact there is no one to moderate the moderator. Moderators can also become near sighted when it comes to both posting and moderating if they are doing both.

I don't know who this concern should be addressed to, but here it is!

My experience on numerous forums is that moderators rarely post. There are many reasons for this including dual relationships and the fact there is no one to moderate the moderator. Moderators can also become near sighted when it comes to both posting and moderating if they are doing both.

I don't know who this concern should be addressed to, but here it is!

October's Autumn,

I am familiar with and have participated in a number of other sites of this nature such as the Interfaith forum, Christianforums.com, E-Sangha Buddhist forum and others, where Moderators not only post but start their own threads and are among the top posters. Your concern and point is well taken, however, there is an additional root administrator over me on this site that oversees my moderating and administrating. In addition, there is also a president of TCPC, Mr Fred Plumer, of whose team I am a member who looks in from time to time to check on how things are going. I know this as he has indicated this directly to me and is very supportive of what I am doing to keep this a clean and compassionate site where those of differing views can share with respect, love, and sensitivity one for another. Sometimes this is painful because we all make mistakes and when we do, we need to acknowledge them and learn from them and grow. Compassion here, as you know, is always more important than ones verbalized view as spelled out in our Points 4 and 5 of our 8 Points.

Thanks for your concern and question,

Joseph (Moderator/Admin2)

I have no problem with moderators partcipating so long as the posts are easily distinguishable. I have seen boards where a moderator partcipates in the normal flow and then post with the note "Posting as Moderator".

Archived