Can We Rebuild After Deconstruction?

David

I saw in your statement,

an excellent example of reductionism.

Maybe I was mistaken. Let's both stop, eh?

Stop? I never thought anything started. Well ... that's life. The concepts we have been talking about are academic gyrations that have little meaning in everyday life. 'Deconstuction' is one of those terms. It is going away, plain and simple. Ten years from now it will be a simple artifact. It pointed nowhere and went nowhere. Just a fad, nothing more. Same for postmodernism. The fact is, both are useless in their skepticism. In the end, the world turns to solutions ... or dies. Very simple.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop? I never thought anything started. Well ... that's life. The concepts we have been talking about are academic gyrations that have little meaning in everyday life. 'Deconstuction' is one of those terms. It is going away, plain and simple. Ten years from now it will be a simple artifact. It pointed nowhere and went nowhere. Just a fad, nothing more. Same for postmodernism. The fact is, both are useless in their skepticism. In the end, the world turns to solutions ... or dies. Very simple.

Yes, dear. <_<

I hereby submit to your self-perception of the scope of your knowledge as revealed in your final word on the subject.

Yes, dear. <_<

I hereby submit to your self-perception of the scope of your knowledge as revealed in your final word on the subject.

Very mature of you. Anyone here really want to debate deconstruction? Or is the term some silly academic invention without meaning to somebody sick and dying? "I know you have less than six months to live, now let's deconstruct your cancer." I'm taking the issue over to Debate and Dialogue from here.

Very mature of you. Anyone here really want to debate deconstruction? Or is the term some silly academic invention without meaning to somebody sick and dying? "I know you have less than six months to live, now let's deconstruct your cancer." I'm taking the issue over to Debate and Dialogue from here.

Ahhh, yes. I see what the problem is now. I don't think anyone wants to debate here. Debate involves an attempt to dominate. Generally it's thing we males do in order to reveal our level of testosterone.

I have no desire to be dominated, or to dominate, or compete in the marketplace of ideas.

Ahhh, yes. I see what the problem is now. I don't think anyone wants to debate here. Debate involves an attempt to dominate. Generally it's thing we males do in order to reveal our level of testosterone.

I have no desire to be dominated, or to dominate, or compete in the marketplace of ideas.

Not quite what I had in mind. Some concepts do harm to others. Are you saying Jesus was on a testosterone high when He challenged the status quo?

Not quite what I had in mind. Some concepts do harm to others. Are you saying Jesus was on a testosterone high when He challenged the status quo?

Maybe the better question is:

Do I believe that Jesus used power operating in the mode of domination and control in sharing his vision of the Kingdom of God?

Not yet, but I'll give it a try.

So far so good. Here is the connection I was looking for:

"Ecclesia reformata, semper reformanda! Even to this day, these ancient words are a rallying cry for Presbyterians and other Reformed Christians. It is a motto that reminds us of who we are and who we intend to be."

"Our Reformed motto, rightly understood, challenges both the conservative and the liberal impulses that characterize our diverse church today. It does not bless either preservation for preservation's sake or change for change's sake."

http://www.pcusa.org/today/believe/past/may04/reformed.htm

Bingo!

I was raised in a different branch of "Reformed Christians", but "reformed" nonetheless.

Thanks for the reference.

Archived