Complaint To Tcpc

I have a concern about TCPC. I’m glad the message board is back long enough so I could express my concern.

The announcement that TCPC was going to shut down this message board, as far as I can tell came from grampawombat. How he knew I have no idea. TCPC made no indication that this was going to happen and made no explanation as to why it happened. Trying to find out anything I could I clicked on Facebook. Lo and behold I find a message from Deshna who states “TCPC has decided to shut down the message board for a number of reasons and instead hopes to allow comments on articles and reviews directly on the site. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully, you will choose to join in discussions here on Facebook.” What kind of message is that? For a religious organization that should be concerned about process what kind of process is that?

I tried to search the TCPC site for any indication of what was happening. Total silence. Evidently TCPC has made the decision to have a moderator (Deshna) for Facebook whereas they have not had a moderator for this website evidently in quite some time. TCPC has not responded to my email messages to them.

The commitment to Facebook is interesting. I would be interested in whether others prefer Facebook. To me it is a site whose purpose stems from some high school mentality of texting messages along with sharing some photos of your friends and activities. I am not interested in a high school social gathering place. Is TCPC going to “twitter” also?

Do what you want to do TCPC. I just wish that the process was more open and honest. I’ve worked for and seen too many organizations that operated in the dark. Sorry that TCPC is no better.

I have a concern about TCPC. I’m glad the message board is back long enough so I could express my concern.

The announcement that TCPC was going to shut down this message board, as far as I can tell came from grampawombat. How he knew I have no idea. TCPC made no indication that this was going to happen and made no explanation as to why it happened. Trying to find out anything I could I clicked on Facebook. Lo and behold I find a message from Deshna who states “TCPC has decided to shut down the message board for a number of reasons and instead hopes to allow comments on articles and reviews directly on the site. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully, you will choose to join in discussions here on Facebook.” What kind of message is that? For a religious organization that should be concerned about process what kind of process is that?

I tried to search the TCPC site for any indication of what was happening. Total silence. Evidently TCPC has made the decision to have a moderator (Deshna) for Facebook whereas they have not had a moderator for this website evidently in quite some time. TCPC has not responded to my email messages to them.

The commitment to Facebook is interesting. I would be interested in whether others prefer Facebook. To me it is a site whose purpose stems from some high school mentality of texting messages along with sharing some photos of your friends and activities. I am not interested in a high school social gathering place. Is TCPC going to “twitter” also?

Do what you want to do TCPC. I just wish that the process was more open and honest. I’ve worked for and seen too many organizations that operated in the dark. Sorry that TCPC is no better.

Hi David,

TCPC forrum will not be shutting down. It was considered but I have been assigned the administartor / moderator position and additional bandwidth is being purchased. As soon as my adminstrative rights are enabled I will be posting in the admin area to explain the situation. Your point is well taken and I appologize on behalf of TCPC for the inconvenience. Measures have been taken to keep you more informed and to be more "open and honest"

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Thank you for the good news Joseph.

You will make a great moderator. I have been impressed with your temperament and responsible responses.

If TCPC ever does want to shut this thing down I hope they at least allow access to the old posts. There are pieces of gold within the history of this forum and I would hate to lose access to that history.

David,

Thanks for the kind words....

Yes, there is plenty of good data stored on this site and my hopes are also to stay involved and to continue to allow expansion of it as a resource.

Joseph

The larger question over progressive message boards of any kind has been a recent onslaught of conservatives who seek to hijack a sight.

Greetings Myron,

Perhaps we will now be able to prevent such occurances using wisdom. We DO want to make those on their journey of truth who have differing views welcome but at the same time insure those who are not interested in growth/progression and edification of fellow seekers do not monopolize the board. After all, support of others who are making a sometimes very painful exit from fundamental Christianity is part of the basic mission of progressive Christianity.

Joseph

Greetings Myron,

Perhaps we will now be able to prevent such occurances using wisdom. We DO want to make those on their journey of truth who have differing views welcome but at the same time insure those who are not interested in growth/progression and edification of fellow seekers do not monopolize the board. After all, support of others who are making a sometimes very painful exit from fundamental Christianity is part of the basic mission of progressive Christianity.

Joseph

Greetings Joseph,

I never had to make a painful exit from fundamentalist Christianity. I inherited a different temperament. It (the change from one temperament to another) has to be a deep experience I cannot fathom.

Minsocal

Concerning the technical issues that David brought up in this area....

For now I can update you somewhat on the generalities...

Our recent problems, giving a bandwidth exceeded error when trying to access our web pages, was due to spammers eating up our bandwidth. We had not upgraded our system in over three years and the site had not been administrated for over a year. As a result we were vulnerable and were "attacked" by spammers. We had to upgrade the entire system and clean up the spam invasion. In the process, some of the people who had signed up over the last year (estimated at over 75) were wiped off as their field was unrecoverable. For this, all we can do is apologize and hope you (anyone affected) will re-register if you find this site useful.. We have also purchased additional bandwidth for expansion so that this forum will continue to be an area of support to those both familiar with Progressive Christianity and those in transition.

I will be notifying active members of our return to operation as soon as my administration privileges are updated.

Thanks for your patience..

Joseph

Concerning the technical issues that David brought up in this area....

For now I can update you somewhat on the generalities...

Our recent problems, giving a bandwidth exceeded error when trying to access our web pages, was due to spammers eating up our bandwidth. We had not upgraded our system in over three years and the site had not been administrated for over a year. As a result we were vulnerable and were "attacked" by spammers. We had to upgrade the entire system and clean up the spam invasion. In the process, some of the people who had signed up over the last year (estimated at over 75) were wiped off as their field was unrecoverable. For this, all we can do is apologize and hope you (anyone affected) will re-register if you find this site useful.. We have also purchased additional bandwidth for expansion so that this forum will continue to be an area of support to those both familiar with Progressive Christianity and those in transition.

I will be notifying active members of our return to operation as soon as my administration privileges are updated.

Thanks for your patience..

Joseph

It seems there are still spammers here. They appear as members and are always checking members profiles.

Another new one now ... same routine. Checking members profiles.

Thanks for the alert Myron,

I've checked our logs and see no suspicious activity with PM's or the like. There have been some viewing of profiles but we have implemented flood control to prevent excessive spamming before we can catch it. Most of our problems were due to the absence of a moderator and regular checking of the logs. Thanks for your input. I will keep a close check on suspicious activity.

Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

Joseph,

I have concerns about TCPC. What is the “privacy” concern? It means nothing to me one way or the other but I find it interesting that TCPC finds it necessary to hide profiles from the public. What is there in the profiles that could be abused by spammers or someone who is looking to abuse something? TCPC does not release our private email accounts. Most people here do not use their own name. I have told people that I am from the Sacramento area. So what? I have not updated my profile since I put it in. People can put anything they want into the profile whether it be true or not. People can leave out of the profile anything they do not want to share. So what would a person gain by looking at profiles? There seems to be a general sense that TCPC needs to operate in the dark.

It is amazing to me that you had to relay a message from Deshna that made no sense to me. She is evidently not able to use this website to send her own message? Would sending her own message invite a response that she did not want? Why has she not responded to my email? (my emails were about DavidK posting in the protected area—since this issue is still “out there” perhaps you could offer your opinion as the new moderator).

So what were the real concerns about this forum? Why the neglect of this forum? The excuses used for almost shutting down the forum do not make sense. All it evidently took was for someone to pay attention to the problems. If they needed someone like you to help all they had to do was ask. But they never asked. What were the real concerns? (By the way I do not want to hear any more excuses that poor TCPC is run by a limited number of volunteers. I was told they did not need any help.)

So what is the reason for having little boxes next to everyone’s names along with some kind of “status” of the participant? Why do we need status?

In the past I have described myself as a “cheerleader” for TCPC. Lately I am becoming less impressed. Not only was this forum neglected but there is no evidence that the Liturgy Project and the Curriculum Project are not also being neglected. Are there not leaders of these Projects that could report?

Again I want to thank you for jumping into this situation. Any light you can shed on the darkness would be appreciated.

David

Joseph,

I realized that it was unfair to "unload" all of this on you. You are not responsible for responding to all of this. Just respond to what is your responsibility and perhaps just alert TCPC to my other concerns.

Thanks,

David

Joseph,

I have concerns about TCPC. What is the "privacy" concern? It means nothing to me one way or the other but I find it interesting that TCPC finds it necessary to hide profiles from the public. What is there in the profiles that could be abused by spammers or someone who is looking to abuse something? TCPC does not release our private email accounts. Most people here do not use their own name. I have told people that I am from the Sacramento area. So what? I have not updated my profile since I put it in. People can put anything they want into the profile whether it be true or not. People can leave out of the profile anything they do not want to share. So what would a person gain by looking at profiles? There seems to be a general sense that TCPC needs to operate in the dark.

That was my personal decision concerning profiles. Admin just went along with it, trusting anything I did. SOME people choose to put a lot of personal information in their profile and I felt that if a person is unwilling to participate on this board that information should not be readily available. Guests were also allowed to PM others. They can do that no more without at least sharing their own email address so we can respond to complaints those PMed may have with abuse.

It is amazing to me that you had to relay a message from Deshna that made no sense to me. She is evidently not able to use this website to send her own message? Would sending her own message invite a response that she did not want? Why has she not responded to my email? (my emails were about DavidK posting in the protected area—since this issue is still "out there" perhaps you could offer your opinion as the new moderator).

TCPC is basically a volunteer organization with as far as I know only one paid member. Deshna was very busy with both personal business I will not mention and TCPC business. She seemed to me sincere when I spoke with her on the phone and was not pleased with what was going on but as far as I am concerned she is doing the best she can in her situation as a volunteer and very pleased for me to pick up the load here on the message board. In fact they were close to closing it down because it was too much of a workload. I will be most happy to address any personal concerns concerning board members with you and as long I am physically able and will get back to you in a most timely manner. THAT IS MY PROMISE. I am retired and can contribute my time to help keep this board and its database secure as a valuable service to others.

So what were the real concerns about this forum? Why the neglect of this forum? The excuses used for almost shutting down the forum do not make sense. All it evidently took was for someone to pay attention to the problems. If they needed someone like you to help all they had to do was ask. But they never asked. What were the real concerns? (By the way I do not want to hear any more excuses that poor TCPC is run by a limited number of volunteers. I was told they did not need any help.)

I don't know how to answer that question any differently. As you can see I have already made excuses where none is necessary. The past is past and today is a new day. None of the past matters to me now. I cannot change it nor do I desire to. If there are current problems, I am ready to address them on behalf of TCPC. I will give long term members as yourself direct access to my personal email if you think that will help. If you would like that openness please PM me. For those who help support the board by a donation to TCPC.org and email Fred Plumer that they have done so on behalf of the board, send a PM to me and I will provide you with my personal phone number to talk one on one concerning this board. TCPC has not put me up to this in any way nor asked me to solicit funds to support it in any way. That idea is strictly mine. It takes $ to update software and buy bandwidth.

So what is the reason for having little boxes next to everyone's names along with some kind of "status" of the participant? Why do we need status?

We don't really NEED it. That was my idea. It is a feature of the board that is available that I decided to use so we could get an idea of board experience at a glance. Of course it is not necessarily related to the quality of a persons posts but most boards do use it. If you can give me a good case of its negativity or reasons to remove it, I would be happy to correct any error in judgement I may have made in activating it.

In the past I have described myself as a "cheerleader" for TCPC. Lately I am becoming less impressed. Not only was this forum neglected but there is no evidence that the Liturgy Project and the Curriculum Project are not also being neglected. Are there not leaders of these Projects that could report?

Again I want to thank you for jumping into this situation. Any light you can shed on the darkness would be appreciated.

David

Thanks David, No I cannot answer that question at this time. That might be better addressed on www.TCPC.org website. I always enjoyed your participation here and hope that you will let go of any past negative experiences and work with me to make this a better board for all. Looking forward to your continued participation and input.

Love in Christ,

Joseph

PS Clicking on the !REPORT button in the bottom left of a post for any post one feels is out of line will notify me directly by email.

Joseph,

Thank you for your explanations. Obviously you can not speak to all issues.

I do not see another “open” area at TCPC.org to address concerns other than this forum. I really prefer doing things “out in the open”. So I am much more likely to “complain” out in the open rather than send you a personal message. This forum would seem to be a good place for TCPC administration to speak. It does little good in my mind to send a private email to TCPC and receive a private email back if we are talking about general and not personal issues.

I disagree with you on the privacy issue but that’s ok and it is your call. I just think it is more important to give the impression of being “open”. People should not put anything anywhere on this website that they do not want to be seen.

I would agree that someone should not have the ability to PM without becoming a member. I suspect that this problem could be handled in a different manner.

I disagree that explanations are not necessary so I disagree that your explanation was not necessary. If this is a common opinion for TCPC then I am disappointed. To shut down the message board because of workload when there are so many people like yourself who are willing to help does not make sense. If TCPC does not want to explain then fine, my original complaint remains. TCPC can obviously do whatever it wants to do. I just wish the process was more “open and honest”.

I also hope that TCPC has a better sense of how history affects the present. Every day is a “new day” and one has a choice of how to deal with the past. That is not a reason to not explore the importance of the past. I also understand that if you were not a part of that history then you can not speak to it.

You did not speak to the DavidK issue (posting in the protected area). Have you been able to consider how the difference between the Debate area and the PC area will be moderated? It seems to me that people who support PC should be able to disagree in the PC area as long as they support PC. So I do not see the PC area as a place without disagreement. The PC area seems valuable to me as a protected area for those who generally support PC to talk without having to debate the fundamentalists who have a very different agenda. I would not agree that we should force all disagreements to the Debate area for that reason.

Again thank you for your willingness to jump into this situation.

David

Joseph,

Thank you for your explanations. Obviously you can not speak to all issues.

I do not see another "open" area at TCPC.org to address concerns other than this forum.

Actually David there is a section on the www.TCPC.org page concerning contacting people to address problems

Here is an excerpt...

About Us: Contact Us

Do you...

• Have comments or questions about TCPC in general?
    Contact the office.
  • Have comments or questions about this website or its function or content, e.g., logging in, mailing list, affiliating, store purchases, etc?
    Contact the webmanager
  • Have questions about the TCPC Message Board or its function or content?
    Contact the Message Board Moderator
  • Need to change your contact information?
    Login in the top right corner of the website and modify your profile. If you are not sure how to do this, contact the webmanager.
  • Want to get on the (snail)mailing list?
    Please give us your contact information.

• Want to get on the email list?
    Subscribe here.
  • Want to submit news items, events, articles, reviews, sermons, or other resources?
    Please go to the news, event calendar, or library section and click on the "submit" link.

Address/Phone:

TCPC Office

4916 Pt. Fosdick Dr. NW #148

Gig Harbor, WA, 98335

253-303-0022

As you can see there seems even to be a phone number where you can get a human being. I had success at that number when I called.

Joseph

I really prefer doing things "out in the open". So I am much more likely to "complain" out in the open rather than send you a personal message. This forum would seem to be a good place for TCPC administration to speak. It does little good in my mind to send a private email to TCPC and receive a private email back if we are talking about general and not personal issues.

Okay David. We can work that way together if you like and if others want me to work privately with them I will accommodate their wishes as long as we are all respectful of each other.

I disagree with you on the privacy issue but that's ok and it is your call. I just think it is more important to give the impression of being "open". People should not put anything anywhere on this website that they do not want to be seen.

Disagreement is a concept I can accept. (lol) Yes it is important not to only give the 'impression' of being open but more important to be open. I noticed many have more accurate personal data in their profiles than you and I would like to respect what they put in their profiles to be limited to members. If all a person is going to put in their profile is bogus data as you had mentioned previously, then there is no need for the profile or to allow guests to view it as to give the impression of openness. It would be worthless in my view, therefor I assume many put in valid and accurate information that is worthy of some level of privacy which excludes guests who will not even share contact information.

I would agree that someone should not have the ability to PM without becoming a member. I suspect that this problem could be handled in a different manner.

It was necessary to allow PM's for guest/members in the validation process so I changed those permissions to allow and guests not in the validation process to disallow. Perhaps you have knowledge of a different IPB protocol that I could use? I am open as I am still in the learning stage of operating this board to accomplish a desired result.

I disagree that explanations are not necessary so I disagree that your explanation was not necessary. If this is a common opinion for TCPC then I am disappointed. To shut down the message board because of workload when there are so many people like yourself who are willing to help does not make sense. If TCPC does not want to explain then fine, my original complaint remains. TCPC can obviously do whatever it wants to do. I just wish the process was more "open and honest".

We can all look back with disappointment but it is of no positive value to dwell on it in my view. It was not in my power to effect change in the past. Perhaps it is now. To me only, no past explanations are needed.

I respect your right to be perhaps a bit angry or upset or require them and see things differently. All I can do is give you my word that I will make this more open and honest. Excuses or explanations I have no intricate knowledge of on my part, for the past, will in my view do nothing for either of us. Tell me what I can do now and I will sincerely listen to the best of my ability and take action where I can.

I also hope that TCPC has a better sense of how history affects the present. Every day is a "new day" and one has a choice of how to deal with the past. That is not a reason to not explore the importance of the past. I also understand that if you were not a part of that history then you can not speak to it.

I have been on this board now for almost three years and am somewhat aware of the past problems but of course not as aware as those on from before me. I am volunteering because I want to move in the present. The TCPC org has its own set of challenges. My area of influence, that is subject of course to leadership at TCPC, is on this board. Your past experience may be very valuable to me and you will find me more open to suggestions for the present that you may have gleamed from the past rather than me personally trying to explain why the past was the way it was. I do not wish to spend a lot of time making more excuses or deeply concerning myself for complaints of the past. Please tell me what is not being done NOW that could be done better. I am open to that dialog.

You did not speak to the DavidK issue (posting in the protected area). Have you been able to consider how the difference between the Debate area and the PC area will be moderated? It seems to me that people who support PC should be able to disagree in the PC area as long as they support PC. So I do not see the PC area as a place without disagreement. The PC area seems valuable to me as a protected area for those who generally support PC to talk without having to debate the fundamentalists who have a very different agenda. I would not agree that we should force all disagreements to the Debate area for that reason.

Actually, if you will read the posts since I became moderator I did speak to an individual who I felt was bordering on an inappropriate post for the PC area with a mild warning to be careful. Since I have taken the Moderation function, Davidk has violated none of the board policies as I see it. (All past violations were handled the way they were by those whose function it was to do so) Everyone now has a clean slate and I will attempt to keep it that way with the help of all here. If you have a problem with an individual, it is my present opinion that it is best to handle that for the most part in private in respect to the other. As you know, we are all in the same boat together while here and compassion concerning others who may think differently than we seems paramount to me. I have much love for Davidk as I do for all on this board. If someone in the future gets beyond the boundaries I will not hesitate to communicate with them for the benefit of all. Your concern for the differences in those areas is well taken. They are defined in the guidelines and I will see that they are adhered to.

Please report any post you deem inappropriate with the report button at the bottom of the post. I have checked it to insure I get an immediate email when you report an issue and I will respond privately on any action.

Again thank you for your willingness to jump into this situation.

David

I consider it a privilege.

Love in Christ, Joseph

There probably should be a rule of how many posts to make that essentially make the same point. So I will try not to do that. We disagree. I respect and thank you for your responses and I don’t feel the need to further debate our disagreements. However, there is one point that I would like to clarify.

It would seem to me that it would be helpful as well as being “open and honest” for you to tell us all how you will moderate the difference in postings between the Debate area and the PC area. I did not understand your recent attempt to moderate in the PC area. Again my understanding of the PC area is that it is a protected area for PC people to agree or disagree.

Do you recall the posts where I complained about DavidK posting in the PC area? At the time DavidK suggested that he was trying to support the discussion so he did not feel that his post was inappropriate. My reaction was that from his point of view he had no idea of how to support a PC position. In other words my position is that the PC area is for PC people to discuss things (again to agree or disagree) with fellow PC people. Several have said that they do not want to be a part of a discussion that involves DavidK. It seemed to me to be a wise move for TCPC to provide a “protected” area.

From the one example we have so far of your position it seems like you want to moderate the PC area as being free from disagreements. I do not see that as the purpose of the “protected” area.

Rather that handle each “problem” on a case by case basis it would be good to have some general guidelines of how you interpret the rules. This is the most obvious example for me at this time. Thanks for your input on this.

(snip)

It would seem to me that it would be helpful as well as being "open and honest" for you to tell us all how you will moderate the difference in postings between the Debate area and the PC area. I did not understand your recent attempt to moderate in the PC area. Again my understanding of the PC area is that it is a protected area for PC people to agree or disagree.

I would share that same understanding as you have clarified.

Do you recall the posts where I complained about DavidK posting in the PC area? At the time DavidK suggested that he was trying to support the discussion so he did not feel that his post was inappropriate. My reaction was that from his point of view he had no idea of how to support a PC position. In other words my position is that the PC area is for PC people to discuss things (again to agree or disagree) with fellow PC people. Several have said that they do not want to be a part of a discussion that involves DavidK. It seemed to me to be a wise move for TCPC to provide a "protected" area.

From the one example we have so far of your position it seems like you want to moderate the PC area as being free from disagreements. I do not see that as the purpose of the "protected" area.

Rather that handle each "problem" on a case by case basis it would be good to have some general guidelines of how you interpret the rules. This is the most obvious example for me at this time. Thanks for your input on this.

It is acceptable for there to be disagreements in the PC section as long as people are not provoked or being disrespectful of the other view. In that area if one disagrees it is better just to state your view and go on or ask questions of the other to gain a better understanding of where they are coming from. No debate. The one I was speaking of is where one bordered on insinuating that we PC's who have a certain view should be called something else other than a Christian. That can be very insensitive to many and is provoking. It is already established that it is the Progressive Christian area.

Hope that helps. Why don't we work out the details as we go along? The guidelines are there. Everyone has a part in moderation. That's why the report button is in the post. See anything new you feel is inappropriate, hit the report button and explain your position. A determination will be made on a case by case basis. Defining future positions in more detail than I have is to me limiting. I understand your position concerning Davidk's post. At the time it was not in my area of influence to change nor do I wish to rehash it. There has been no unacceptable behavior that I am aware of since the beginning of May that has not been handled.

Love Joseph

This should be a new thread, but the system won't let me make one. It says I have to wait 60 seconds because of "flood control." Well I waited and nothing happened. So that is one complaint. The other is regarding the question, "how can I be a new member when I joined four and a half years ago?" I know I don't post very often, but that definition ticks me off.

I agree. A.R. is a "master contributing member" with more stars than a brigadier general just because she has the most posts. I know it is not REALLY important but on the other hand there is no sense to it. Grampa joined before me so there should be some "status" for that. Let's loose the status indicator.

This should be a new thread, but the system won't let me make one. It says I have to wait 60 seconds because of "flood control." Well I waited and nothing happened. So that is one complaint. The other is regarding the question, "how can I be a new member when I joined four and a half years ago?" I know I don't post very often, but that definition ticks me off.

Ok Oldtimer is that better. :rolleyes:

I hope you know we didn't mean to tick you off. The computer just assigned it because of your number of posts. If I didn't give you something to get 'ticked' of at, how could you ever exercise your love for me.

Seriously, i changed you to an Oldtime member .. will that get you to forgive me or would you prefer something else.

Love Joseph

PS Flood control is unfortunate but a valuable tool. I will check it out to see why it didn't clear after 60 sec.

Tested okay on new user JMtest - I'm assumming you did something different so report again if you have a problem- appears to work fine

I agree. A.R. is a "master contributing member" with more stars than a brigadier general just because she has the most posts. I know it is not REALLY important but on the other hand there is no sense to it. Grampa joined before me so there should be some "status" for that. Let's loose the status indicator.

I agree its not really important to the operation of the board but most all boards use it to indicate some level of experience on that particular board by the poster. If that is the biggest problem a few people have then we are most fortunate. Lets see if we get any more inputs on this.

Joseph

At age 73, oldtime member works fine. But I agree with David that such designations don't contribute much. As to the flooding problem, it could be because of the computer, which is even older than I am in human years. Later this week I will switch to the brand new computer, and maybe that will help.

Joseph,

Perhaps you can explain why my posts were censored. And, although I obviously did not agree with DavidK, I saw no reason to censor his post.

I have tried to explain to you my reasons for wanting a protected area within this forum and I have done that with you in private in spite of everything within in me disagreeing with you that those discussions should be in private. I told you that I would leave this forum because I thought you were trying to keep “our dirty laundry” in the dark.

I have decided to come back but I have decided not to communicate with you in private. If you send me a private message I will read it but I will not answer it in private. Any appropriate response will need to be in public. So I hope that if you have something to say to me that you can say it in public.

You obviously have the power to continue to censor my posts. I would suggest that you limit that ability to a very, very few instances.

Thanks for listening in public.

David

(Sniped quoted post 17132 of JosephM for brevity.) and moved post from Can We Rebuild After Deconstruction?

I would like to continue this discussion. However, I brought this discussion to the protected area so that those like Sonoman would not participate. It seems obvious to me that just because Sonoman has no problem with the 8 points does not mean that he is a Progressive Christian. It was obvious from reading his extensive writings that he is not a Progressive Christian and he makes no claim to be. He does have the right to post in the Debate portion. However, Sonoman has been restricted from posting for 7 days. I will wait for that period to pass and see if Sonoman wants to provide any evidence to support that he belongs in this protected area (which was my original question). If he does not respond then I would like to continue this protected conversation.

Archived