Shuck And Jive

johnshuck

I am a PCUSA minister at a progressive congregation in East Tennessee. I am very pleased to see so many people interested in a thinking faith. I serve the First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, Tennessee. I even have my own blog, Shuck and Jive. Finally, we are excited to bring Hal Taussig and Perry Kea to Elizabethton on November 3-4. They are fellows of the Jesus Seminar. They will do a JSOR on Faith Communities of the First and Twenty-first centuries with an emphasis on the emerging progressive movement. Hal Taussig is the author of A New Spiritual Home: Progressive Christianity at the Grass Roots.

I didn't mean for all of that to be an advertisement! :P I am really just beginning to use the web to connect with other progressive Christians.

Peace,

john

Thanks for introducing yourself. We seem to have quite a few ministers posting lately. I'm learning a lot from everyone about churches in the U.S. And I'm brushing up on my American geography. It's pretty cool how this site connects people from all over the world.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Best wishes, Jen

Thanks for introducing yourself. We seem to have quite a few ministers posting lately. I'm learning a lot from everyone about churches in the U.S. And I'm brushing up on my American geography. It's pretty cool how this site connects people from all over the world.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Best wishes, Jen

Thanks, Jen! This progressive movement can even move the clergy!

John

I am a PCUSA minister at a progressive congregation in East Tennessee. I am very pleased to see so many people interested in a thinking faith. I serve the First Presbyterian Church of Elizabethton, Tennessee. I even have my own blog, Shuck and Jive. Finally, we are excited to bring Hal Taussig and Perry Kea to Elizabethton on November 3-4. They are fellows of the Jesus Seminar. They will do a JSOR on Faith Communities of the First and Twenty-first centuries with an emphasis on the emerging progressive movement. Hal Taussig is the author of A New Spiritual Home: Progressive Christianity at the Grass Roots.

I didn't mean for all of that to be an advertisement! :P I am really just beginning to use the web to connect with other progressive Christians.

Peace,

john

Hi John.

It is so great to have you here. I actually know what you look like and I have missed you since you left Central NY.

I have added your blog to my blog list at my blog (below). You are a great colleague and this forum is blessed to have you join us.

Did you get my email?

Thanks, Jen! This progressive movement can even move the clergy!

John

I did get your e-mail and I responded. I miss central NY and you as well. I really appreciate your website! So glad to find you here. Rock and Roll!

John

met John when he came to our Presbytery and am so glaad we are on the same progressive spiritual track. Several people thought I was his mother and I would have been honored to have been, but I raised other Shuck boys....We never did determine whether we had common ancestors. I dio enjoy lay preaching, and have done it 16 years for the Presbyterian Church and it was always a pleasure to park in Pastor Shuck's spot when I substituted in Lowville. You have seen a bit of country since you were here....out to Mohtana and then Tennessee....always where there are lots of hilla dn green trees. Barbara Epley-Shuck

met John when he came to our Presbytery and am so glaad we are on the same progressive spiritual track. Several people thought I was his mother and I would have been honored to have been, but I raised other Shuck boys....We never did determine whether we had common ancestors. I dio enjoy lay preaching, and have done it 16 years for the Presbyterian Church and it was always a pleasure to park in Pastor Shuck's spot when I substituted in Lowville. You have seen a bit of country since you were here....out to Mohtana and then Tennessee....always where there are lots of hilla dn green trees. Barbara Epley-Shuck

Hi Barbara!

Great to hear from you again! I certainly do miss you and all the good folks in Utica Presbytery. Yup, I have travelled around. When I make a move it appears it is from one end of the continent to another. I hope you are continuing to preach. My congregation always told me you were the best pulpit supply! Speaking of Shuck, here is my ancestry. See if you connect! http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/i...low&id=I018

Now 2 of my favorite Shucks are here. This is great forthe TCPC forum!

Archived