Hello My Name Is Matthew

Matthew

Hello - my name is Matthew and I am a Church of England Christian. For many years I have been deeply influenced by critical thought, and this has left me very uncertain about most of the things I once believed as a Christian. But I still believe firmly in Christian values and in following the moral teaching of Jesus and St. Paul. I have come to think that these things are the most important things about being a Christian, that how you live is much more important than what you believe. I have come to this forum because I often feel lonely at my local church, as no-one else there seems to think as I do. I'm hoping to get the opportunity to discuss issues with like-minded Christians - whilst also respecting different opinions and beliefs.

• Upvote 1

Welcome Matthew,

Your thinking.. "that how you live is much more important than what you believe" is not only an important tenet of Progressive Christianity but in my view a real step toward progress in anyone's journey. You aren't alone in your posted beliefs and i am certain you will not only meet like minded individuals here but also be challenged with the views and thoughts of others.

Again welcome to the forum,

Joseph

I'm with you - I have more questions than answers now than I thought I once did. Matter of fact having questions I don't have answers to actually feels freeing to me. My having questions and not feeling the need find answers is, even more, freeing for me. How you live being more important than what you believe is a great start - as I understand it is a pretty good end too!