41 replies to this topic

#41 JosephM

JosephM

Forum Administrator - Global Moderator - Site Sponsor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

Back on topic...... I have found in experience it is best for me to turn away from those who do violence or it is perceived would harm me. I have found it is best to not be the one who takes an eye for an eye. It seems to me that consequences follow actions in the concept of time when the perpetrator finds a victim so inclined. I have found it wise to try to live peaceably with all and when that doesn't seem possible then be the one to walk away before it escalates. It seems to me people will find what they are looking for, if not now then later with a willing victim. I would like to choose not to be that victim by resisting violence if it is in my power to do so. IF not, the capacity for retaliation and self preservation would no doubt be enacted.
Joseph

"The only separation between you and me can only be in your mind." --Joseph Mattioli

#42 soma

soma

Global Forum Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Instituting rules, laws and morality never solves our problems because they rise from the individual, outlaws who are beyond the law because they have different moral values and don't care about the institutional laws. Many people lack moral values and use the system to benefit themselves even if it hurts others. I have seen and experienced this in many countries even in the US where out corruption is protected by laws. We lie ourselves into wars so the Defense Industry can profit from missiles that kill innocent children, women and men, labeled peace makers.  Therefore, I say spiritual progress, social change. We have people who are religious abusing people and non religious people that spread kindness and compassion so let many interpretations be applied to the law so we have a variety of ways to think and act on a situation. Yes, if being attack we must defend ourselves and if not everyone appreciates love and kindness. Being in the moment we will do the right thing at the level we are at. Some people will act out physically, some intellectually and some being the love they profess, which I use Jesus as my example. I just hope I have the inner strength to do what is right when the time comes. Spiritual progress, social change.      

A soul with a body, not a body with a soul. http://thinkunity.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users