Photo

Presidential Poll

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Forum members preference for the next US President

Who do you want to see for the next US President

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Burl

Burl

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Now that Trump will preside for four years we should reconsider this conversation.
If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.

Charles Darwin, Origin of Species

#42 JosephM

JosephM

Forum Administrator - Global Moderator - Site Sponsor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

I'm okay with Trump.

"The only separation between you and me can only be in your mind." --Joseph Mattioli

#43 Burl

Burl

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:12 AM

Big loss for globalism, the Bush/Clinton crime family and the GOPe.
If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.

#44 SteveS55

SteveS55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

The Governor asked a teacher: I have read in the scripture the following and I do not know what it means. “A boat driven by unfavorable winds drifts towards the land of the demons.” Please explain it to me.

The teacher responded: What kind of ninny asks such a stupid question!

The Governor visibly stiffened and turn red with rage.

The teacher said: A boat driven by unfavorable winds drifts towards the land of the demons. The Governor’s demeanor suddenly changed as he got some understanding.

-Zen Koan

#45 PaulS

PaulS

Global Moderator & Site Sponsor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

It seems the people of the USA didn't have an awful lot to choose from.  I didn't particularly like either of the two primary candidates, but I liked Trump a lot less.

I am astounded at reports that more than 80% of white evangelical Christians voted for him! 

But I truly hope he proves all of his detractors wrong - for the sake of the world.

Because they know the name of what I am looking for, they think they know what I am looking for! ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

#46 romansh

romansh

Senior Contributing Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

I'm okay with Trump.

I am OK with Trump too. Only because I have no free choice.

But I know this, if I worked in a place that 50% of the workers condoned Trump's behaviour, lies and belligerence I would not work at that place. Because I do have a choice, it might not be free but it is a choice.

And in the USA ... the voters are the bosses and they just condoned that behaviour.

Edited by romansh, 11 November 2016 - 11:06 PM.

"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams

#47 SteveS55

SteveS55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

Try as I have for the last few days, I cannot be okay with Trump.  The most I can do is acknowledge his election as president, and that's it.  Out here in California, and I suppose Oregon and Washington too, we feel a bit adrift.  Nearly everyone I've talked to is shocked at this result and many of us wonder about the fear and anger that has gripped the rest of the country.  The West Coast went for Clinton by almost two thirds, the most since FDR.  It wasn't that we liked Clinton, we just despised what Trump stands for.

But, we are very progressive out here and diverse.  We like that about us.  On top of that, California is the sixth largest economy in the world (after Brexit).  We voted to increase taxes for the second time in as many elections!  Must be something in the water (what's left of it).  But, Trump says our drought is a myth....a true moron.

Good luck with this America....our door is always open!

Steve

#48 JosephM

JosephM

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

Rom,
I had a difficult time even calling either of the major candidates a real choice but at this moment I am ok with what is. It seems to me no matter what we may say about our fairness in elections publicly, they are in a sense most definitely rigged no matter who wins.

"The only separation between you and me can only be in your mind." --Joseph Mattioli

#49 romansh

romansh

Senior Contributing Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Joseph ... the issue is not fairness. The rules are clear they might not be equitable but they are the same for everyone ... assuming they can rustle up enough enthusiasm amongst the population.

In a workplace, at least a workplace I would want to work in, the management would not put up with belligerence and lies ... a bully in fact. In the US, the management, ostensibly the voters, are willing to put up with Trump's behaviour. The current Trump protests, at least the way they have gone down, while understandable will ultimately be counterproductive.

My "beef" is with the management (or at least a large portion of it) that endorsed Trump's behaviour.

Edited by romansh, 13 November 2016 - 02:00 PM.

"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams

#50 JosephM

JosephM

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

Joseph ... the issue is not fairness. The rules are clear they might not be equitable but they are the same for everyone ... assuming they can rustle up enough enthusiasm amongst the population.

In a workplace, at least a workplace I would want to work in, the management would not put up with belligerence and lies ... a bully in fact. In the US, the management, ostensibly the voters, are willing to put up with Trump's behaviour. The current Trump protests, at least the way they have gone down, while understandable will ultimately be counterproductive.

My "beef" is with the management (or at least a large portion of it) that endorsed Trump's behaviour.

The same can be said of Hillary. I would not want to put up with her lies or corruption. Neither, in my opinion, is a good choice but i am ok with what is. I have no issues with fairness nor with my choice.

#51 Burl

Burl

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

It strikes me how much Trump is a replay of the final Hebrew judge, Samson.

Samson was irreligious, profane and a cheater yet he was the annointed political leader. Yuuuugge ego. Strong but rather dim. Samson was even famous for ignoring his religious vows and just grabbing the honeycomb.

Samson successfully destroyed the pagan Temple of Dagon by toppling the two pillars much as Trump has destroyed the thoroughly corrupt Democratic and Republican pillars of the pagan UniParty.

And the importance of the hair??? Case closed.

#52 PaulS

PaulS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

And like all myths, the reality is often far from the truth I would suggest.  Samson for instance is a glorified view - a heroic story to inspire.

The reality is that people are usually a lot less than the myth portrays.

As for 'destroying' the political establishment, time will tell but I wouldn't be expecting much different in the long term.

Because they know the name of what I am looking for, they think they know what I am looking for! ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

#53 Burl

Burl

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

It's still funny. Samson was a fool not a hero.

#54 PaulS

PaulS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Let's just hope people are still smiling then in 4 years time, for everybody's sake. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users