Original Sin To Original Blessing

LindaS

My name is Linda. This is like the 13th time I've started to introduce myself. I deleted all the other attempts because I was typing pages! So, this is the very edited and short version....

1. I come from a strong Baptist background. I was baptized and "saved" when I was 11 yrs. old. (Isn't that a funny concept, "saved"? "Saved" from the burning flames of Hell! YIKES!!!!) I also attended an Apostolic Pentecostal church for awhile...yrs. ago.

2. Major life-changing moment: I picked up a copy of The DaVinci Code and read it. It mentioned there were lost gospels that didn't make it into the Bible. What???!!!!! No one ever told me that! I was taught the Bible was written by men inspired by God. No one told me the writers of the Bible had a bushel basket of books to choose from! Well that got the wheels a turning and I've been reading and exploring ever since.

3. I am currently reading A Course In Miracles. I should be done in a couple years...lol.

4. I belong to a church that isn't well-known...It's a Swedenborgian church (based on the writings of a man named Emanuel Swedenborg). There aren't many congregations and the one in my town is very liberal and open-minded...recognizing, respecting, and encouraging each person's individual spiritual journey as being unique and valid. And...it's all about the LOVE!

I am excited to be here and can't wait to read so much more of Bishop Spong's writings! They ring so true!

Edited by LindaS
  • Upvote 1

Linda,

Greetings and welcome to the forum. My story is not all that different from yours except for the details. There is much to be gained from your studies including "A course in Miracles". So glad you finally decided to share a bit about yourself.

Again welcome,

Joseph