Anyone From Around Here? And Anyone Know A Good Church?

Geaniebeanie

Hi, new to the forum and was wondering if anybody out there in this big old world is from Joplin, Missouri or the surrounding areas? I live in Kansas, but about three miles away from Joplin. I don't know if I could ever get lucky finding someone so close to share PC with! There's not any churches around here that focus on PC but finding PC has opened my thoughts up about Jesus and I want to attend a church to see what that's all about. (I'm Hindu by nature, not nurture...I'm not an Indian and never really fit in anywhere). I want to give Christianity a try. I'm thinking about going to a Disciples of Christ church because it seems to be the most liberal around here. Anybody have any thoughts on that as well? Perhaps someone could give me some advice...Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help you with the church, but I feel Hinduism and Christianity make a good union and should not be divorced. They both lead to the same place and can aide one on the journey. It sounds like you are in a good place to explore the Divinity within so use the techniques from meditation to commune with your soul and Christ consciousness some call Krishna consciousness. You will not be disapointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Geaniebeanie, I'm in Springfield MO. I used to live 40 miles west and attended church in Carthage, just north of Joplin. The closest progressive church is Community Christian Church in Springfield, probably too far for you to commute to (plus it's on the east side). If you're interested in meeting up with a kindred spirit, PM me. My parents and best friend still live that direction, along with my vacation "cabin", so I'm out that way quite often.