What am I doing or thinking today

JosephM

39 minutes ago, dontstopbelievin' said:

A treasure trove??

I am like most people . I prefer to take part in what is happening now.

But I guess most are consumed by the George Flloyd incident.

An incident and an issue that are worthy of out attention ....................

Edited by thormas

On 6/6/2020 at 3:58 AM, dontstopbelievin' said:

A treasure trove??

I am like most people . I prefer to take part in what is happening now.

But I guess most are consumed by the George Flloyd incident.

Yes, a treasure trove - a collection or store of valuable or delightful things.  At least I consider them so anyway.

I think taking part in the present always involves us considering the past.  Indeed, one can’t even have a present without there being a past.

Certainly the Floyd incident is consuming for many, and rightly so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • PaulS unpinned this topic
  • PaulS pinned this topic

Packing a bag tonight in order to get a taxi at 4.30am tomorrow to the airport (1hr drive) to then take a plane north for 3.5hrs, before changing to a helicopter for a 2hr flight to deliver me to an offshore gas production facility approximately 250 miles out in the ocean, getting there about 3.30pm.  Then a couple of hours work, dinner and bed. :)

• 7 months later...

Hi.  I'm new here.  

I went to the grocery store this morning.  Here in the USA, we are starting to have some shortages again, but it's not too bad.  Example: I buy lactose-free milk.  I usually have several choices of brand and fat content, but today, if I wanted anything but whole milk, I could choose a larger container than I usually get which I may not use completely before it spoils, or an expensive organic container.  (I got one of each, for what that tells about me, if you want to start getting to know me.)

It was early morning and there were very few people in the store.  I don't think I saw anyone with a mask.  I would have if I had looked in a mirror--for what that tells about me, if you're still wanting to get to know me. 🙂

The rest of the day will be pretty ordinary.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, romansh said:

Yesterday I was in Adelaide seeing a friend I had not seen in thirty years. Today walking the streets of Fremantle with a friend I last saw sixteen years ago.

It really is a small world!  Sorry I'm out here bobbing around in the ocean!

21 hours ago, romansh said:

Yesterday I was in Adelaide seeing a friend I had not seen in thirty years. Today walking the streets of Fremantle with a friend I last saw sixteen years ago.

Hi romansh, hope you enjoy your trip. Nothing quite like meeting old friends.

• 6 months later...

Festive Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Saturnalia - whatever your reason for celebrating today, may it be joyous, filled with love and laughter, and remind us all that no matter what our beliefs, we are all in this together! :)

6 hours ago, PaulS said:

Festive Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Saturnalia - whatever your reason for celebrating today, may it be joyous, filled with love and laughter, and remind us all that no matter what our beliefs, we are all in this together! :)

Thanks Paul

Yes, it is always and ever US.

Never "others" or "them"

Or as one wag once said:- There are two types of people in the world - those that divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don't.

Happy Christmas!

• Like 1